Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Kaine really just makes my blood boil sometimes...

  1. #1
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705

    Post imported post

    What in the heck is wrong with this man?

    From this article in the RTD about the just completed General Assembly session:

    In the agreement, the Senate dropped its insistence on saving millions by releasing some nonviolent offenders from prison 90 days early, though the budget requires a study of the proposal, initially floated by Kaine.
    So he wants to literally turn prisoners loose on the streets three months before their time is up, but can't stomach the thought of a background-checked, trained, law-abiding citizen carrying a firearm out of sight into a family restaurant.

    How can someone who really thinks like this be a Governor!?



    TFred

  2. #2
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487

    Post imported post

    I think the majority of nonviolent (and the entirety of nonaggressive) "offenders" should be released, period.

    If it takes budget crises to cause our government to stop wastefully imprisoning nonaggressive (read: innocent) people, or even let them out earlier, then I'm all for it. It's about time our bloated behemoth of a government bankrupted itself into oblivion, at both the state and Federal levels (as though the distinction still means anything anymore).

    Also, what does this have to do with OC, aside from the fact that you don't like Kaine's behavior regarding gun rights?

  3. #3
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,602

    Post imported post

    marshaul wrote:
    snip.....
    Also, what does this have to do with OC, aside from the fact that you don't like Kaine's behavior regarding gun rights?
    It is all about not liking King Kaine's super elitist attitude regarding our 2nd Amendment rights.

    Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.Ē Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran T Dubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Richmond, Va, ,
    Posts
    892

    Post imported post

    Grapeshot wrote:
    marshaul wrote:
    snip.....
    Also, what does this have to do with OC, aside from the fact that you don't like Kaine's behavior regarding gun rights?
    It is all about not liking King Kaine's super elitist attitude regarding our 2nd Amendment rights.

    Yata hey
    10-4!



    I know he is going to veto. I wish we could organize a demonstration on the capitol after the veto. Kaine is a piece of ****. The DNC needs to know how we feel about our tyrant governor.
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."
    Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Virginia USA, ,
    Posts
    1,688

    Post imported post

    Why keep non-violent (ok, there are SOME bad non-violent crimes) offenders in jail when you can put violent offenders in?

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    chesapeake, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    41

    Post imported post

    If you aren't going to keep them in jail why sentence them? I understand money is tight. But like children if they think the wont be held accountable it will escalate.

    Until we have more activefirring squads we will have to make do!

  7. #7
    Regular Member ProShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Posts
    4,671

    Post imported post

    All criminals deserve the maximum sentence for their crime upon conviction. If judges would grow a set, recidivism would be down.
    James Reynolds

    NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    383

    Post imported post

    He is a liberal. That is all you need to know. He is "pro gun" because he wanted to be Governor of the Commonwealth, and so he gives some lip service to the 2A.

    Does anyone think for second if he ran for office in a liberal State he would even concern himself with the 2A?

  9. #9
    Campaign Veteran T Dubya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Richmond, Va, ,
    Posts
    892

    Post imported post

    A tiny little snip in the Sunday paper says "guns in bars". I have not seen the "guns in bars" thing yet. As many of you know there ar no "bars" in Virginia, just restaraunts that serve alcohol. The snip was in the Richmond Times Dispatch. It was a smal corner column with the bills that had passed the GA.
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."
    Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    383

    Post imported post

    ProShooter wrote:
    All criminals deserve the maximum sentence for their crime upon conviction. If judges would grow a set, recidivism would be down.
    We need to make judges more accountable if they take it easy on a criminal who then goes on to commit further crime that would not have happened had they been in jail if not for a lax sentence. IMO, judges would "earn points" for that, and would be removed from the bench if they receive too many points.



  11. #11
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487

    Post imported post

    noah wrote:
    If you aren't going to keep them in jail why sentence them? I understand money is tight. But like children if they think the wont be held accountable it will escalate.

    Until we have more active¬*firring squads we will have to make do!
    What will escalate? Nonviolence?

    :quirky

    The last thing we need with our current government is firing squads. I hope that was a pathetic attempt at humor. The authoritarian statism implicit in that statement is disgusting, disturbing, and anti-American.

  12. #12
    Regular Member wylde007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Va Beach, Occupied VA
    Posts
    3,037

    Post imported post

    I think he meant squads firing ON the government, not acting FOR the government.

    In which case I highly approve. Their treason is complete.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

    Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    chesapeake, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    41

    Post imported post

    You are obviously from San fran. I on the other hand am not.

    A nonviolent burglar might only be nonviolent because someone hasn't found them in there home. That is what I mean when I say " escalate ".You can debate Gay Marriage where you live but here where I live I want to keep criminals away from my family.


    I'm sorry if you think that is unamerican but that is what I would expect from your area of occupied socialism.



  14. #14
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487

    Post imported post

    noah wrote:
    You are obviously from San fran. I on the other hand am not.

    A nonviolent burglar might only be nonviolent because someone hasn't found them in there home. That is what I mean when I say " escalate ".¬*You can debate Gay Marriage where you live but here where I live I want to keep criminals away from my family.¬*


    I'm sorry if you think that is unamerican but that is what I would expect from your area of occupied socialism.
    ¬*
    lol, what a useless post. I'm sitting right here in Fairfax, where I've lived my whole life (I go to school in San Francisco). Your statement about where I am obviously from is absolutely ridiculous, and the assumptions you have made are incorrect to boot. I am as Virginian as you are, my friend.

    Gay marriage is a strawman. No doubt you are afraid to address the merits of your position, so you redirect.

    If you were to ask me, I would say that no burglars of any sort are "nonviolent". A burglar has aggressed, therefore he is not a nonviolent offender.

    I'm not sure exactly what is meant in this context by "nonviolent offender". In a strictly legal context "nonviolent offender" could mean a burglar who didn't commit assault, but I suspect it almost certainly means nonviolent drug users and other similar "offenders". Do you have any evidence that the people being released early include burglars who operate without assault?

  15. #15
    Founder's Club Member Tess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    3,764

    Post imported post

    T Dubya wrote:
    A tiny little snip in the Sunday paper says "guns in bars". I have not seen the "guns in bars" thing yet. As many of you know there ar no "bars" in Virginia, just restaraunts that serve alcohol. The snip was in the Richmond Times Dispatch. It was a smal corner column with the bills that had passed the GA.
    Yeah, my state delegate's blog refers to "guns in bars" too (http://www.7-west.org ). I had to make it known I consider that phrase to be misleading and pejorative. I doubt it will make any difference to her vote - she votes as Kaine and Obama want.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    chesapeake, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    41

    Post imported post

    marshaul wrote:
    noah wrote:
    You are obviously from San fran. I on the other hand am not.

    A nonviolent burglar might only be nonviolent because someone hasn't found them in there home. That is what I mean when I say " escalate ".You can debate Gay Marriage where you live but here where I live I want to keep criminals away from my family.


    I'm sorry if you think that is unamerican but that is what I would expect from your area of occupied socialism.

    lol, what a useless post. I'm sitting right here in Fairfax, where I've lived my whole life (I go to school in San Francisco). Your statement about where I am obviously from is absolutely ridiculous, and the assumptions you have made are incorrect to boot. I am as Virginian as you are, my friend.

    Gay marriage is a strawman. No doubt you are afraid to address the merits of your position, so you redirect.

    If you were to ask me, I would say that no burglars of any sort are "nonviolent". A burglar has aggressed, therefore he is not a nonviolent offender.

    I'm not sure exactly what is meant in this context by "nonviolent offender". In a strictly legal context "nonviolent offender" could mean a burglar who didn't commit assault, but I suspect it almost certainly means nonviolent drug users and other similar "offenders". Do you have any evidence that the people being released early include burglars who operate without assault?
    No do you? Further more more non violent crimes wouldinclude identity theft. What would your thoughts be if you identity were stolen. I would think you would not be happy if they didn't go to prison. I know I would want them there.

    If my merits are so week what do youthink should be done with nonviolent criminals if not prison. Just so I can really see what your view point is.

    Also what I mean by "escalate" is all the crimes committed by a criminal until there is a violent one. Not allcriminals start out violent.

    Be careful of the liberal arts. They WILL try to brain wash you.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •