• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

carry laws in AZ

KandyRedCoi

imported post

i am from CA but i do work in AZ i am in the bullhead city area almost every weekend, so if possible can you fine AZ folks point me to the right direction where i can get more 411 about carrying laws in AZ???

thank you :)

KandyRedCoi

imported post

oh wow thanx, i take it that, in AZ the gun laws are NOT as strict as CA?

1FASTC4

imported post

lol!

Edit: sorry.. this seemed like a troll or a joke.

If you are serious, yes, Arizona gun laws are less strict than the People's Republic of Kalifornia. AZ is one of the gun friendliest State's in the nation

madcapmag

imported post

The only thorn is the Restaurant Carry Law where any place that sells alcohol for consumption on premesis is a "Gun Free Zone". This does include places like Applebee's even if you do not go to the bar section or drinking alcohol.

KandyRedCoi

imported post

thanx guys, and no i was not kidding...CA gun laws really really suck hard ones IMHO!

r6-rider

imported post

yep cali sucks. i pray every night that it breaks off this country and ends up reconnecting with china

GWbiker

imported post

I await the "Big Bang" quake when the Republic of Kalynfornya slides off into the Pacific and Yuma Arizona becomes beach front property!:celebrate

AZkopper

imported post

Yes. In AZ you may Openly Carry a loaded firearm (ie: one in the chamber) in a holster that is wholey or partially visible to common observation, as long as you are a legal resident of the U.S. and not a 'prohibited possessor' (court order, convicted felon, judged mentally unfit, etc).

Now, carrying in such a mannor in a vehicle may get you in trouble with an overly zealous LEO, who is aware of the Adams case. Without a CWP, you should store your loaded firearm in either a)Plain sight on the passenger seat, b) in the holster anywhere in the car, or c) unholstered (if you wish) in the glove box or center console storage box.

As stated above, no firearms are allowed in restaraunts that serve alcohol, school grounds, and a few other uncommon areas (hydro-electri plants, etc).

It is OK to carry in to banks or any other private business, unless posted per private property.

Do it, it is liberating. Most people won't even care. Those who do mind can only fume, 'cause AZ LEOs are very familiar with gun laws and gun rights here.

KandyRedCoi

imported post

wow that is so so great to hear...just to be clear i dont need any type of firearms license?

and also in AZ what is defined as "open carry" i know its different than CA, so please educate me, i am very excited to exercise my 2nd amendment when ever and where ever i can

thank you!

madcapmag

imported post

No permits necessary for OC-ing. You can have a gun loaded and ready to go while OC-ing here. No magazine capacity restrictions either. If you really want to carry a FiveseveN with the 30 round magazine on your hip, with 1 in the chamber, then you are certainly allowed to do so! :celebrate

As far as how much of the firearm must be showing to constitute Open Carry, I'm not entirely sure. I personally carry with the handle out in an IWB holster, mainly because Idress business casual most days.I would imagine it's a bit harder to draw whenneeded with a hirt covering up most of the firearm.

Edit: 30, not 40.... although a 40 round magazine for a fiveseven would be nice...

r6-rider

imported post

KandyRedCoi wrote:
i am very excited to exercise my 2nd amendment when ever and where ever i can

thank you!
i feel ya man, i came out from CA too. first time i OCed it was wierd but after noticing no one noticing (if that made sense) i eventually stopped caring and it just becomes apart of you. one of my biggest problems i made when i first started carrying was my holster, it never fit right so i was always adjusting it making me very self consious so make sure you get a GOOD holster that fits right. half the time i forget im carrying now

lostone1413

imported post

1FASTC4 wrote:
lol!

Edit: sorry.. this seemed like a troll or a joke.

If you are serious, yes, Arizona gun laws are less strict than the People's Republic of Kalifornia. AZ is one of the gun friendliest State's in the nation
I agree with that but I see more and more people moving into Arizona wanting to change the style of life we have here

r6-rider

imported post

lostone1413 wrote:
I agree with that but I see more and more people moving into Arizona wanting to change the style of life we have here
unfortunately, when i tell people im originally from CA their eyes glow like im instantly their friend (which in turn makes them not mine) because they love how "nice" CA people are and the beach and f***ing San Fransisco... o did i mention these are all AZ natives talking this way? seems as if the hippy liberal CA life style has already hit here in the city. most of the people up here in tempe know the gun laws but despise them. most of which are ASU hippies

KandyRedCoi

imported post

LOL a lot of college kids are anti-gun, personally I think they are ignorant because they are being fed that guns are bad, darn hippies

AZkopper

imported post

KandyRedCoi wrote:
..and also in AZ what is defined as "open carry" i know its different than CA, so please educate me..
Open Carry in AZ means that the holster is wholey or partially visable to common observation. Just put an outside the pants belt holster on and keep your shirt tucked in and the jacket off. Don't due anything to 'minimize' the fact you are wearing a gun (ie: inside the pants holsters, long jackets, etc). Carry a gun and carry it proud.

KandyRedCoi

imported post

saw this on another forum...please advise???

NOT SO FAST THERE SCOOTER!

Arizona gun laws apply to Arizona residents only. Unless you have an Arizona Drivers licence you are bound by California gun laws even while in Arizona. I'm not sure if you can even buy ammo here.

I'd hate to see you get your butt in a sling over this.

r6-rider

imported post

KandyRedCoi wrote:
saw this on another forum...please advise???

NOT SO FAST THERE SCOOTER!

Arizona gun laws apply to Arizona residents only. Unless you have an Arizona Drivers licence you are bound by California gun laws even while in Arizona. I'm not sure if you can even buy ammo here.

I'd hate to see you get your butt in a sling over this.
who was the idiot that said this? defiantly not true. youll hear all kinds of BS but its usually just a rumor or somethin they "heard from a cop"

when it comes to AZ gun laws, dont believe anything anti-gun until you research it for yourself. which most the time youll find out is wrong and that the person is just another sheep spreading false info