• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GICC

carryall

imported post

Hello,
I will be traveling in Georgia in May and will be going to the GICC in Atlanta. I have an CWP which Georgia honors. Is the GICC a location that prohibits concealed carry? Does Georgia law prohibit carry in a venue that charges an admission?
Thanks,
carryall

rmodel65

imported post

hmm idk if thats a publicly owned convention center or not?

but i your going to gather for a specific event it would be a public gathering and therefore off limits

Malum Prohibitum

imported post

rmodel65 wrote:
hmm idk if thats a publicly owned convention center or not?

but i your going to gather for a specific event it would be a public gathering and therefore off limits
It is owned by the state and therefore it is a criminal offense to possess a deadly weapon there as a public gathering offense, not just inside, but even in the parking area in close proximity to the public gathering.