• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCDILC - Open Carry Dinner In Loudoun County - POMO Grille 3/5/09 7:30PM

nova

imported post

RSVP'd. Their menu looks very tasty! :)

hunter45

imported post

I come home for spring break Thursday evening. There's a chance I could make it depending on what time I get home.

Mailman

imported post

RSVP'd - YES. I have wanted to attend one of these for a while. Can't wait to meet everyone. See you there.

nemo

imported post

Ed,

I may be able to make it, this time (I got your evite; thanks).

But, where the heck is Great Falls Plaza? Once I make it there, I suppose that I can find the grill (though Yahoo does not yet know about it).

TIA

nemo

imported post

Ed,

Got it; thanks.

Once we get to the mall, is it on the right? left? middle?

Do we enter from the parking lot or enter the mall?

thanks, again.

Riana

imported post

I'd love to go, but hubby tells me we're taking a friend to the range that night. Maybe next time!

Riana

imported post

OK, my status is upgraded to a "definite maybe" - hubby is considering it. :cool: So we'd be 3 maybes (me, hubby, and son). My 9-year-old wants to know if he can OC his cap guns :lol:.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

Riana wrote:
My 9-year-old wants to know if he can OC his cap guns :lol:.
Since this is a new restaurant that I have only been to once...and don't really know they feel about armed eaters... I would prefer only adults have anything that looks like guns. When Brooke was 10 (last year) she would open carry her Walther P22 pistol to and from the range, albeit unloaded. I guess my point is that it is not unheard of for a 10 year old to have a real pistol... and I would not want this first dinner to be a test case of this restaurateur's temperature. That said, I still hope all three of you still come!

Riana

imported post

ed wrote:
Since this is a new restaurant that I have only been to once...and don't really know they feel about armed eaters... I would prefer only adults have anything that looks like guns.
I told him that might be the case. :)

nova

imported post

ed wrote:
Riana wrote:
Since this is a new restaurant that I have only been to once...and don't really know they feel about armed eaters... I would prefer only adults have anything that looks like guns. When Brooke was 10 (last year) she would open carry her Walther P22 pistol to and from the range, albeit unloaded. I guess my point is that it is not unheard of for a 10 year old to have a real pistol... and I would not want this first dinner to be a test case of this restaurateur's temperature. That said, I still hope all three of you still come!
Well if the restaurant has a problem with us, there's lost of other OC friendly restaurants within driving distance as a backup.

LEO 229

imported post

ed wrote:
Riana wrote:
Brooke is a special case and I suspect knowledgeable enough to carry.

But I am sure ANY customer in the same location would be freaked out big time! :uhoh:

Obviously, they do not "Bulls Eye" Brooke. ;)

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

[flash=320,256]http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-countdown/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/&clickLABEL=MySpace Countdowns&flashLABEL=Countdown Clock Codes&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-countdown/skins/m28.swf&text=Dinner%20at%20the%20POMO%20Grille%21&untilColor=6724095&textColor=0&datesColor=0&year=2009&month=2&day=5&hour=19&minute=30&second=0&x=6&y=77" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"[/flash]