Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Holstrer manufacturer for Hi Point pistols

Post imported post

I almost didn't write this post after reading some of the flames against Hi Point owners, but decided to brace myself and post.

I bought my wife a Hi Point 9mm, and myself a Hi Point .40; the problemI am having is in finding a holster that the pistols fit in properly. I have found a fellow on Ebay who custom makes holsters and says that he can make them to fit my Hi Points, but I really hate to buy something like this without seeing it and trying the "fit". I am looking for Thigh rigs, and possibly shoulder holsters, as there is no way I want to IWB carry my Hi Point.

I just realized that I mispelled Holster in my Title. Oh well
    If you do not test yourself every single day,
    then it is just another wasted day.
    --Semper Fi--

Post imported post

All I can say is, try to find a leather worker in your town and have him (or her) make one that works for you. after that, you might be able to market them to other hi-point owners. (with the maker's permission, of course...)
    Good luck with your search, don't worry about getting flamed, at least you still own a gun and are serious about it's use.
    One thing I will say, though is: go to a firing range and test that bugger, you need to know if there are indeed problems BEFORE you need it.

When the **** hits the fan, ask yourself: What Would Bugly Do?

Post imported post

I have been to the range with both pistols and 200 rounds later (ea) I have no complaints. And I have found someone who works with leather and he is willing to make me a couple of holsters, so we'll see.

Thanks for the reply.
    --Semper Fi--

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I've seen Fobus belt holsters for the HP's on http://www.sportsmansguide.com (IIRC)

Post imported post

well, the majority that you will find are going to be IWB or OWB rigs.

here is a link to a list that I compiled some time ago:

http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com...ic,5220.0.html

Post imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
    I've seen Fobus belt holsters for the HP's on http://www.sporstmansguide.com (IIRC)
    When I click your link it tries to forward me to http://www.bioterrorismguide.com

I went to sportsmansguide manually

--Semper Fi--

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

MatieA wrote:
    Task Force 16 wrote:
    I've seen Fobus belt holsters for the HP's on http://www.sporstmansguide.com (IIRC)
    When I click your link it tries to forward me to http://www.bioterrorism.com

That's really weird thatthe link I typeddetoured to a site like that. :?

Post imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
    MatieA wrote:
    Task Force 16 wrote:

Have you clicked it?

If it doesn't detour you, thenI need to do some digging into my system and find out who penetrated it, and possibly send them a gift
    --Semper Fi--

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

MatieA wrote:
    Task Force 16 wrote:
    MatieA wrote:
    Task Force 16 wrote:

Have you clicked it?

If it doesn't detour you, thenI need to do some digging into my system and find out who penetrated it, and possibly send them a gift
    Yes, I clicked it after you posted about it. I got detoured too. Funny though, I typed the URL correctly.

Post imported post

"I almost didn't write this post after reading some of the flames against Hi Point owners, but decided to brace myself and post".

Don't let it deter you. I own a Hi Point also. You paid for what you want and no argument there. I got a Davis .32 derringer and didn't worry....enjoy it and I hope you find a good holster.

Post imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
    MatieA wrote:
    Task Force 16 wrote:
    MatieA wrote:
    Task Force 16 wrote:

Have you clicked it?

Yes, I clicked it after you posted about it. I got detoured too. Funny though, I typed the URL correctly.

Really? I can't seem to find the word "sporst" in my dictionary. :shock:

I can personally attest to the quality, fit and comfort of the Fobus HP2 for the C9 and the HPP for the JHP. The HPP should also fit the JCP as they're physically the same size. If you want to go the cheapest route, try a Crosman holster fron Wal-Mart for under $7. They fit the C9 perfectly.

BTW, I regularly carry my C9 Mexican style and find it very confortable. Just leave your belt a little loose when you get dressed.

Carry on.

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun."

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

hp-hobo wrote:

aaaaah crap

Fixed it.

Post imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
    hp-hobo wrote:

aaaaah crap

Fixed it.
    I never noticed, but that would definately explain things.

I am going to check into the Fobus for my .40

The wife isn't sure exactly what she wants for her 9mm.....yet

We are still going to buy tactical holsters as I like them for climbing around in the woods, and hills.

--Semper Fi--

Post imported post

MatieA wrote

We are still going to buy tactical holsters as I like them for climbing around in the woods, and hills.
    I've got a 9mm Hi Point, and it's a sturdy little gun - well worth the price. But it is a pain to shoot. The blowback recoil is nasty and seriously affects the ability to reacquire the target promptly. After a magazine or two, my thumb joint is seriously hurting... so I don't shoot it much.

So, I'm amazed if your wife really likes to shoot it. My XD .45 is a LOT easier to shoot, and far more accurate simply because I can handle the much lighter recoil without problems.

As for carry options for your wife, have her check out Women&Guns: http://womenandguns.servertalk.in/in...m=womenandguns
    and Cornered Cat: http://www.corneredcat.com/TOC.aspx

Both have extensive discussions and lists for holster and carry options for women.
    I will not knowingly initiate force. I am a self owner.

Let the record show that I did not consent to be governed. I did not consent to any constitution. I did not consent to any president. I did not consent to any law except the natural law of "mala en se." I did not consent to the police. Nor any tax. Nor any prohibition of anything. Nor any regulation or licensing of any kind.

Post imported post

I don't have time to look it up but I think the fobus one is model HP2.

Post imported post

MamaLiberty wrote:
    MatieA wrote

I've got a 9mm Hi Point, and it's a sturdy little gun - well worth the price. But it is a pain to shoot. The blowback recoil is nasty and seriously affects the ability to reacquire the target promptly. After a magazine or two, my thumb joint is seriously hurting... so I don't shoot it much.

So, I'm amazed if your wife really likes to shoot it. My XD .45 is a LOT easier to shoot, and far more accurate simply because I can handle the much lighter recoil without problems.

As for carry options for your wife, have her check out Women&Guns: http://womenandguns.servertalk.in/in...m=womenandguns
    and Cornered Cat: http://www.corneredcat.com/TOC.aspx

Both have extensive discussions and lists for holster and carry options for women.
    I'm positive that if we had the money to spend she would really love a 9mm without the recoil of this one, but we had to buy what we could afford, and she is determined to get good at it. As am I with my .40; my groupings are getting better......

We haven't looked at the links you sent ...yet.
    --Semper Fi--

Post imported post

Nothing wrong with getting a HiPoint my friend. Things are really tight these days, you get what you can afford. Just about every HP owner I've talked with has had nearly zero problems with the guns.

I've had issues with my carbine, but only because the previous owner shot the snot out of it with no lube and literally destroyed the receiver metal. Keep them oiled!

Post imported post

I forgot to mention in myprevious post...

If you get an early model C9 for your wife, the type thatdoesnot have an adjustable rear sight, it will not fit in the Fobus HP2. The slide is both wider and deeper so it won't allow full insertion. (Is it just me or does that sound dirty? :shock

The flip side of is that because the slide is heavier, there is somewhat less felt recoil. My wife prefers shooting my early C9 over my late C9 because of that. On the other hand she prefers her G22, 64-3 and AR-15 even more.

Carry on.

Post imported post

hp-hobo wrote:
    I forgot to mention in myprevious post...

If you get an early model C9 for your wife, the type thatdoesnot have an adjustable rear sight, it will not fit in the Fobus HP2. The slide is both wider and deeper so it won't allow full insertion. (Is it just me or does that sound dirty? :shock

The flip side of is that because the slide is heavier, there is somewhat less felt recoil. My wife prefers shooting my early C9 over my late C9 because of that. On the other hand she prefers her G22, 64-3 and AR-15 even more.

Carry on.

We have the adjustable rear sights on both.

Thanks for the info though I didn't know that. She is not a big fan of hip holsters she wants to carry in a shoulder rig, or a thigh holster. I myself want one of each depending on what I am doing, and where I am going.

I am going to look at the Fobus HPP today.

I have the hip/belt holster purchased from Hi Point, and it works, but i don't really like it.

--Semper Fi--

Post imported post

Thanks for the input from everyone here, My wife is going to keep what she has for the moment, as she doesn't carry all the time, and I ordered the Fobus HPP ,and double mag pouch for myself. I found it cheaper than Fobus' website. Isn't that terrible, when you can by from a retailer cheaper than from the manufacturer?

--Semper Fi--

Post imported post

I bought a brand new hi-point 9mm for 160$ about a year ago. I've shot 1000 rounds through it with no problems. I haven't heard of any problems with them. I'd love a 1200$ 1911, but it's not in the budget.

Post imported post

Jeremy2141 wrote:
    I bought a brand new hi-point 9mm for 160$ about a year ago. I've shot 1000 rounds through it with no problems. I haven't heard of any problems with them. I'd love a 1200$ 1911, but it's not in the budget.
    Welcome to the forum Jeremy, and good job on the C9. You'll get lot's of fun and reliable shooting out of it.

Unfortunately, it looks like our beloved Hi-Points may no longer be mid $100 dollar guns. At the gun show in Columbia last weekend, every new HP I saw was priced between $190 and $250. I don't know if that's nation wide or going to last long term, but prices that go up seldom go back down.

Post imported post

I haven't gone handgun shopping in a while. I know ammo is outrageous. Even finding reloading supplies is getting tough, everyone is backordered on primers.

I just blew my firearms budget, I got an M1 Garand from the Civilian Marksmanship Program in January. I ordered ammo, 480rds of 30-06 for 145$ delivered. Going to go shoot it today actually.

I CC a Walther PP (manhurin) in .32ACP, I'd like to get something bigger for OC...... Someday.

Post imported post

I bought my Hi Point practically brand new for $125... I've put over 500 rounds through it and not a single jam or anything. I love it!!! I also picked up a Fobus paddle holster for it today for $22... It's the C9 with adjustable sight... I absolutely love the holster... Before I was using an Uncle Mikes holster and the HP was pretty heavy and bulky... It weighed my belt down and moved a lot... Everything is tight with the Fobus... Feels great. Don't have to fool with unsnapping it or anything. Only downfall is that I'm lefthanded... But I wear my holster on my back so the righthanded holster actually works comfortably for me...

Post imported post

kyboyy wrote:
    I bought my Hi Point practically brand new for $125... I've put over 500 rounds through it and not a single jam or anything. I love it!!! I also picked up a Fobus paddle holster for it today for $22... It's the C9 with adjustable sight... I absolutely love the holster... Before I was using an Uncle Mikes holster and the HP was pretty heavy and bulky... It weighed my belt down and moved a lot... Everything is tight with the Fobus... Feels great. Don't have to fool with unsnapping it or anything. Only downfall is that I'm lefthanded... But I wear my holster on my back so the righthanded holster actually works comfortably for me...
    Glad to hear you like your C9. I hope you normallypractice better firearm safety techiques than you are in the avatar. Booger hook on the bang switch. Not so good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast