• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking for Holstrer manufacturer for Hi Point pistols

Jeremy2141

imported post

I bought a brand new hi-point 9mm for 160$ about a year ago. I've shot 1000 rounds through it with no problems. I haven't heard of any problems with them. I'd love a 1200$ 1911, but it's not in the budget.

hp-hobo

imported post

Jeremy2141 wrote:
I bought a brand new hi-point 9mm for 160$ about a year ago. I've shot 1000 rounds through it with no problems. I haven't heard of any problems with them. I'd love a 1200$ 1911, but it's not in the budget.

Welcome to the forum Jeremy, and good job on the C9. You'll get lot's of fun and reliable shooting out of it.

Unfortunately, it looks like our beloved Hi-Points may no longer be mid $100 dollar guns. At the gun show in Columbia last weekend, every new HP I saw was priced between $190 and $250. I don't know if that's nation wide or going to last long term, but prices that go up seldom go back down.

Jeremy2141

imported post

I haven't gone handgun shopping in a while. I know ammo is outrageous. Even finding reloading supplies is getting tough, everyone is backordered on primers.

I just blew my firearms budget, I got an M1 Garand from the Civilian Marksmanship Program in January. I ordered ammo, 480rds of 30-06 for 145$ delivered. Going to go shoot it today actually.

I CC a Walther PP (manhurin) in .32ACP, I'd like to get something bigger for OC...... Someday.

kyboyy

imported post

I bought my Hi Point practically brand new for $125... I've put over 500 rounds through it and not a single jam or anything. I love it!!! I also picked up a Fobus paddle holster for it today for $22... It's the C9 with adjustable sight... I absolutely love the holster... Before I was using an Uncle Mikes holster and the HP was pretty heavy and bulky... It weighed my belt down and moved a lot... Everything is tight with the Fobus... Feels great. Don't have to fool with unsnapping it or anything. Only downfall is that I'm lefthanded... But I wear my holster on my back so the righthanded holster actually works comfortably for me...

hp-hobo

imported post

kyboyy wrote:
I bought my Hi Point practically brand new for $125... I've put over 500 rounds through it and not a single jam or anything. I love it!!! I also picked up a Fobus paddle holster for it today for $22... It's the C9 with adjustable sight... I absolutely love the holster... Before I was using an Uncle Mikes holster and the HP was pretty heavy and bulky... It weighed my belt down and moved a lot... Everything is tight with the Fobus... Feels great. Don't have to fool with unsnapping it or anything. Only downfall is that I'm lefthanded... But I wear my holster on my back so the righthanded holster actually works comfortably for me...
Glad to hear you like your C9. I hope you normallypractice better firearm safety techiques than you are in the avatar. Booger hook on the bang switch. Not so good.

MatieA

imported post

I just got a Fobus Paddle Holster for my Hi-Point .40, and it's taking some practice to get the draw down, but I like the way it holds the gun, and it's much more comfortable to wear than the holster that I had. I'd love to get a Serpa Holster, but I was told that they had no plans to make one for Hi-Point; Their loss I say.

kyboyy

imported post

Yeah, I'm actually hoping to buy a better gun in the near future... Looking at a couple Sigs... But I love the way the Fobus holds it... Feels really comfortable...

And yeah I usually practice good gun safety, I took that pic the second I got the gun and my buddy wanted to see. The gun was completely unloaded at the time...

MatieA

imported post

kyboyy wrote:
<<SNIP>>The gun was completely unloaded at the time...
:shock:
My daughter was here when I read this post, and she says to tell you that Rule #1 in Gun Safety is:

Treat Every Gun As If It Is Loaded At All Times!

This is something that we teach the kids here in our 4-H Shooting Sports Program ,and I'm glad that my kids adhere to it, and can catch others not doing so.

BTW I'm not getting on you personally, but felt that since she pointed it out to me, that maybe I'd say something.

:cool:

I too would love to get another gun; something a little "better-looking". but I cannot complain about this one. I always make people mad (especially salespeople) when I say this but, No gun that I have ever fired, no matter how pretty, or who makes it is worth $600-$900. That is just my opinion but in that price range I will never be able to afford one, and my Hi-Point shoots just as well, it just aint as perty!

kyboyy

imported post

Yeah, the "unloaded" gun that you assume is unloaded. But I checked the clip and chamber about 5 seconds prior to this picture... So yeah, it was unloaded. I wouldn't just grab it up and assume it's unloaded because that's how I thought I left it...

gamestalker

imported post

The M-12, part #9388057,made by Cathy enterprises, inc.fits like a glove. I use it, orrather used it when I once owned a few Hi Points in the day. I think they cost more than the gun though, seriously. I still have mine if you haven't bought one yet and would gladly sell it too you for a discounted contribution fee.

Gamestalker

nh92d

imported post

back in feb (of this yr.) before i bought my 40VE,i looked at a 9mm Hi-Point(C-9)for $180. but wasn't familier with them so that's when i went with the SW40VE.

a friend wants to get something for his wife to have available for when he's not home.he too is having to deal with a tight budget and i mentioned to him about Hi-Point and how he could pick one up for less then $200.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/fobus-hi-point-9-mm-and-380-holster-with-double-mag-pouch.aspx?a=482349

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Hi-Point has a lot of crappy stories about them, But hey! I got one for the GF for $125.00 brand spanking new a month or two ago, and it has been problem free! My last low budget pistol was a Raven Arms .25 I found at a pawn shop, I could not pass it up for $30.00, it served its purpose without any breakages.
I now see a new Hi-Point .45 ACP for $175.00 at the shop. If anyone os asking more than that, they are just gouging and should be smacked upside their melon for trying to take advantage of people.

Before the Wisconsin AG offered his opinion on open-carry, I was going to buy a low-priced hi-point to carry in case it got confiscated. I wud rather have a low budget gun be held in evidence than a $750.00 gun being wrongfully confiscated.

Dianosis

imported post

I was OC'ing with my Beretta PX4 Storm until I picked a Hi-Point 9mm Comp up at a gun show for 100 bucks. Now I carry it, it's heavy and clunky butif the cops are gonna take one Imuch rather it be it than my Storm with green tactical laser ;)

Bustelo5%

imported post

How is the recoil on a 45 or 40 of a hi point. Is it as harsh as the 9mm obviously its a larger caliber but I am unsure of this.
Also how will a military flap holster handle for security of your hipoint will the gun jingle around?

dukenukum

imported post

TheMrMitch wrote:
"I almost didn't write this post after reading some of the flames against Hi Point owners, but decided to brace myself and post".

Don't let it deter you. I own a Hi Point also. You paid for what you want and no argument there. I got a Davis .32 derringer and didn't worry....enjoy it and I hope you find a good holster.:cool:
Uncle Mikes has some holsters that will fit th Hi-Points and they are not to shabby also I found a pro star made for my hi-point jhp . my jhp is my oc/cc gun . :cool:

Mjolnir

imported post

why get 2 different calibers, if you are looking to get the best out of your money then 2 pistols chambered alike are without a doubt the better deal.

get rid of the 40 and get another 9 but you will be much better off hitting cheyenne and pawn shops to get rid of the hi points and get a couple used glock 19 pistols or a couple XD 9 mm pistols.

tactical thigh rigs are not easy or fun or comfortable when doing outside activities like climbing or hiking in the mountians they were made to get the pistol lower than body armor.

look at eagle or tactical taylor for drop leg holsters.

Bustelo5%

imported post

I just bought a uncle mikes sidekick size 15 this things sits about 2 inches off my body and that wasent cool at all so I didnt even try to OC for my first time today.
Any Ideas this 45 is huge and heavyy and I dont wanna drop the thing.
would a us military m19 or m9 holster.
I guess the only thing I can think of that would really keep this thing secure from falling onto the ground is a drop holster and idk that just seems kind awkward HELLLP