• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Looking for Holstrer manufacturer for Hi Point pistols

MatieA

imported post

I almost didn't write this post after reading some of the flames against Hi Point owners, but decided to brace myself and post.

I bought my wife a Hi Point 9mm, and myself a Hi Point .40; the problemI am having is in finding a holster that the pistols fit in properly. I have found a fellow on Ebay who custom makes holsters and says that he can make them to fit my Hi Points, but I really hate to buy something like this without seeing it and trying the "fit". I am looking for Thigh rigs, and possibly shoulder holsters, as there is no way I want to IWB carry my Hi Point.

I just realized that I mispelled Holster in my Title. Oh well

bugly

imported post

All I can say is, try to find a leather worker in your town and have him (or her) make one that works for you. after that, you might be able to market them to other hi-point owners. (with the maker's permission, of course...)
Good luck with your search, don't worry about getting flamed, at least you still own a gun and are serious about it's use.
One thing I will say, though is: go to a firing range and test that bugger, you need to know if there are indeed problems BEFORE you need it.

MatieA

imported post

I have been to the range with both pistols and 200 rounds later (ea) I have no complaints. And I have found someone who works with leather and he is willing to make me a couple of holsters, so we'll see.

Thanks for the reply.

MatieA

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
MatieA wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:
I've seen Fobus belt holsters for the HP's on http://www.sporstmansguide.com (IIRC)

When I click your link it tries to forward me to http://www.bioterrorism.com

I went to sportsmansguide manually :D
That's really weird thatthe link I typeddetoured to a site like that. :?

Have you clicked it?

If it doesn't detour you, thenI need to do some digging into my system and find out who penetrated it, and possibly send them a gift ;)

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

MatieA wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:
MatieA wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:
I've seen Fobus belt holsters for the HP's on http://www.sporstmansguide.com (IIRC)

Have you clicked it?

If it doesn't detour you, thenI need to do some digging into my system and find out who penetrated it, and possibly send them a gift ;)
Yes, I clicked it after you posted about it. I got detoured too. Funny though, I typed the URL correctly.

TheMrMitch

imported post

"I almost didn't write this post after reading some of the flames against Hi Point owners, but decided to brace myself and post".

Don't let it deter you. I own a Hi Point also. You paid for what you want and no argument there. I got a Davis .32 derringer and didn't worry....enjoy it and I hope you find a good holster.:cool:

hp-hobo

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
MatieA wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:
MatieA wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:

Have you clicked it?

Yes, I clicked it after you posted about it. I got detoured too. Funny though, I typed the URL correctly.

Really? I can't seem to find the word "sporst" in my dictionary. :shock:

I can personally attest to the quality, fit and comfort of the Fobus HP2 for the C9 and the HPP for the JHP. The HPP should also fit the JCP as they're physically the same size. If you want to go the cheapest route, try a Crosman holster fron Wal-Mart for under $7. They fit the C9 perfectly.

BTW, I regularly carry my C9 Mexican style and find it very confortable. Just leave your belt a little loose when you get dressed.

Carry on.

MatieA

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
hp-hobo wrote:
Really? I can't seem to find the word "sporst" in my dictionary. :shock:

aaaaah crap :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Fixed it.
I never noticed, but that would definately explain things. :cool:

I am going to check into the Fobus for my .40

The wife isn't sure exactly what she wants for her 9mm.....yet

We are still going to buy tactical holsters as I like them for climbing around in the woods, and hills.

MamaLiberty

imported post

MatieA wrote

We are still going to buy tactical holsters as I like them for climbing around in the woods, and hills.
I've got a 9mm Hi Point, and it's a sturdy little gun - well worth the price. But it is a pain to shoot. The blowback recoil is nasty and seriously affects the ability to reacquire the target promptly. After a magazine or two, my thumb joint is seriously hurting... so I don't shoot it much.

So, I'm amazed if your wife really likes to shoot it. :) My XD .45 is a LOT easier to shoot, and far more accurate simply because I can handle the much lighter recoil without problems.

As for carry options for your wife, have her check out Women&Guns: http://womenandguns.servertalk.in/index.php?mforum=womenandguns
and Cornered Cat: http://www.corneredcat.com/TOC.aspx

Both have extensive discussions and lists for holster and carry options for women.

MatieA

imported post

MamaLiberty wrote:
MatieA wrote

I've got a 9mm Hi Point, and it's a sturdy little gun - well worth the price. But it is a pain to shoot. The blowback recoil is nasty and seriously affects the ability to reacquire the target promptly. After a magazine or two, my thumb joint is seriously hurting... so I don't shoot it much.

So, I'm amazed if your wife really likes to shoot it. :) My XD .45 is a LOT easier to shoot, and far more accurate simply because I can handle the much lighter recoil without problems.

As for carry options for your wife, have her check out Women&Guns: http://womenandguns.servertalk.in/index.php?mforum=womenandguns
and Cornered Cat: http://www.corneredcat.com/TOC.aspx

Both have extensive discussions and lists for holster and carry options for women.

I'm positive that if we had the money to spend she would really love a 9mm without the recoil of this one, but we had to buy what we could afford, and she is determined to get good at it. As am I with my .40; my groupings are getting better......

We haven't looked at the links you sent ...yet.

chris in va

imported post

Nothing wrong with getting a HiPoint my friend. Things are really tight these days, you get what you can afford. Just about every HP owner I've talked with has had nearly zero problems with the guns.

I've had issues with my carbine, but only because the previous owner shot the snot out of it with no lube and literally destroyed the receiver metal. Keep them oiled!

hp-hobo

imported post

I forgot to mention in myprevious post...

If you get an early model C9 for your wife, the type thatdoesnot have an adjustable rear sight, it will not fit in the Fobus HP2. The slide is both wider and deeper so it won't allow full insertion. (Is it just me or does that sound dirty? :shock:)

The flip side of is that because the slide is heavier, there is somewhat less felt recoil. My wife prefers shooting my early C9 over my late C9 because of that. On the other hand she prefers her G22, 64-3 and AR-15 even more.

Carry on.

MatieA

imported post

hp-hobo wrote:
I forgot to mention in myprevious post...

If you get an early model C9 for your wife, the type thatdoesnot have an adjustable rear sight, it will not fit in the Fobus HP2. The slide is both wider and deeper so it won't allow full insertion. (Is it just me or does that sound dirty? :shock:)

The flip side of is that because the slide is heavier, there is somewhat less felt recoil. My wife prefers shooting my early C9 over my late C9 because of that. On the other hand she prefers her G22, 64-3 and AR-15 even more.

Carry on.

We have the adjustable rear sights on both.

Thanks for the info though I didn't know that. She is not a big fan of hip holsters she wants to carry in a shoulder rig, or a thigh holster. I myself want one of each depending on what I am doing, and where I am going.

I am going to look at the Fobus HPP today. :cool:

I have the hip/belt holster purchased from Hi Point, and it works, but i don't really like it.:(

MatieA

imported post

Thanks for the input from everyone here, My wife is going to keep what she has for the moment, as she doesn't carry all the time, and I ordered the Fobus HPP ,and double mag pouch for myself. I found it cheaper than Fobus' website. Isn't that terrible, when you can by from a retailer cheaper than from the manufacturer?

:cool: