Thread: I hate this weather!

Post imported post

Makes it much more difficult to OC! Instead I must CC and stick on my orange button.....I'm ready for Spring.

Post imported post

Shhhh! Bart just put ice cubes in the toilet to help make it snow, and I'm kinda lookin' forward to sleeping in tomorrow. But I'll be sure to oc either way.

Post imported post

Hopefully it will be in the 50s and 60s every day after after this week.

Post imported post

richarcm wrote:
    Makes it much more difficult to OC! Instead I must CC and stick on my orange button.....I'm ready for Spring.
    Funny, I was just talking about how every spring is a reeducation time for many places I OC...

Post imported post

Pfft, it's just a little snow, jeez.

My heavy jacket is a thermal-lined hooded sweatshirt.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

Wear layers and virginia-tuck.

When it's pretty cold (20'sF and below) wear a short-sleeve-t-shirt, long-sleeve-t-shirt, and flannel all tucked into your pants and a large sweater on top tucked behind your gun. Don't forget the long-johns either; and keep your feet, hands, and head warm. Maybe you'll need bigger pants, but it's pretty easy to OC and stay warm.

Take the sweater off in the 30's, take the flannel off in the 40's, and take the long-sleeve-t-shirt off in the 50's. Over 60, carry mexican-style in your swim trunks and go shirtless!

Adding/removing layers is my way of adjusting the thermostat. Dress in layers around the house and you'll save money on your heating bill, too. I keep my thermostat at 60 for most of the winter. Why so high? If I go any lower my pipes start to freeze.

EDIT: Realized that wearing gloves could make it difficult to draw and fire. Just wear one glove.

Post imported post

virginiatuck wrote:
    Wear layers and virginia-tuck.

When it's pretty cold (20'sF and below) wear a short-sleeve-t-shirt, long-sleeve-t-shirt, and flannel all tucked into your pants and a large sweater on top tucked behind your gun. Don't forget the long-johns either; and keep your feet, hands, and head warm. Maybe you'll need bigger pants, but it's pretty easy to OC and stay warm.

Take the sweater off in the 30's, take the flannel off in the 40's, and take the long-sleeve-t-shirt off in the 50's. Over 60, carry mexican-style in your swim trunks and go shirtless!

Adding/removing layers is my way of adjusting the thermostat. Dress in layers around the house and you'll save money on your heating bill, too. I keep my thermostat at 60 for most of the winter. Why so high? If I go any lower my pipes start to freeze.

EDIT: Realized that wearing gloves could make it difficult to draw and fire. Just wear one glove.
    Gotta be careful with that - wouldn't want anyone mistaking you for Michael Jackson, with the one glove and all.

When I went out today, I just wore a light jacket, and tucked the end of one side into my waistband, so I wasn't concealing. Of course, by the time I get my CHP, it'll be warm enough that it won't be a problem anymore.

Post imported post

Bart was very pleased that the ice cubes in the toilet thing worked!!

Post imported post

no kidding!

Post imported post

God it was pathetic.

I took my dog to the park so it could play in the snow, saw 2-3 other dog's out there with their owners playing.

NOT ONE SINGLE CHILD. NONE!

My god, when I was 10, if we had 2'' of snow we'd be outside for hours playing. When your socks finally froze it was time to go home!

Post imported post

hsmith wrote:
    God it was pathetic.

I took my dog to the park so it could play in the snow, saw 2-3 other dog's out there with their owners playing.

NOT ONE SINGLE CHILD. NONE!

My god, when I was 10, if we had 2'' of snow we'd be outside for hours playing. When your socks finally froze it was time to go home!
    Well I'm not a fan of playing IN the snow anymore. But I did have fun this morning romping around the neighborhood in the 4x4.

Post imported post

AbNo wrote:
    1+

I'm still wearing shorts.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

Agent19 wrote:
    AbNo wrote:
    1+

:what:It's people like you that make my DNA remember where I grew up. I can be bundled to the teeth, and still start shivering when I see you wacky people running around in shorts.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Agent19 wrote:
    Oh, lord. I thought we would be spared that during the winter months.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

OK wussies, it supposed to be near 70 this week-end so what will the excuse for not OCing be then? :P

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    OK wussies, it supposed to be near 70 this week-end so what will the excuse for not OCing be then? :P
    Division won't send usregular ammunition; just this funny looking stuff made of small iron balls wrapped with wire?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Grapeshot wrote:
    Division won't send usregular ammunition; just this funny looking stuff made of small iron balls wrapped with wire?
    Use the short fuses - the one with which you train.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    Citizen wrote:
    Grapeshot wrote:
    ROFLMAO

You mean the ones where the gun chief yells, "Fi (blam!)"?

Don't answer that on a family-oriented forum!!

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Grapeshot wrote:
    Citizen wrote:
    Grapeshot wrote:
    ROFLMAO

You mean the ones where the gun chief yells, "Fi (blam!)"?

Don't answer that on a family-oriented forum!!
    Full charge, double bag, maximum depression Mister...... steady on as she rolls.

Yata hey

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    SNIP Full charge, double bag, maximum depression Mister...... steady on as she rolls.
    Wuss. You do that, there is no boarding and no prize. What are you trying to do, pauper the officers?

Whypass up a chance to trade compliments and cutlass strokes with anopponent?

Shoot away their rigging. That is the proper course.

"Fire on the up-roll!"

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Grapeshot wrote:
    SNIP Full charge, double bag, maximum depression Mister...... steady on as she rolls.
    Wuss. You do that, there is no boarding and no prize. What are you trying to do, pauper the officers?

Whypass up a chance to trade compliments and cutlass strokes with anopponent?

Shoot away their rigging. That is the proper course.

"Fire on the up-roll!"

Aye sir but the Capn's dingy 'as no riggin'! Do we load chain then?

Yata hey

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    Aye sir but the Capn's dingy 'as no riggin'! Do we load chain then?

Yata hey

Post imported post

Bar 'n ball... Make ready the grapples!