• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I hate this weather!

richarcm

imported post

Makes it much more difficult to OC! Instead I must CC and stick on my orange button.....I'm ready for Spring.

Nelson_Muntz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Shhhh! Bart just put ice cubes in the toilet to help make it snow, and I'm kinda lookin' forward to sleeping in tomorrow. But I'll be sure to oc either way.

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

richarcm wrote:
Makes it much more difficult to OC! Instead I must CC and stick on my orange button.....I'm ready for Spring.
Funny, I was just talking about how every spring is a reeducation time for many places I OC...

virginiatuck

imported post

Wear layers and virginia-tuck.

When it's pretty cold (20'sF and below) wear a short-sleeve-t-shirt, long-sleeve-t-shirt, and flannel all tucked into your pants and a large sweater on top tucked behind your gun. Don't forget the long-johns either; and keep your feet, hands, and head warm. Maybe you'll need bigger pants, but it's pretty easy to OC and stay warm.

Take the sweater off in the 30's, take the flannel off in the 40's, and take the long-sleeve-t-shirt off in the 50's. Over 60, carry mexican-style in your swim trunks and go shirtless! :lol:

Adding/removing layers is my way of adjusting the thermostat. Dress in layers around the house and you'll save money on your heating bill, too. I keep my thermostat at 60 for most of the winter. Why so high? If I go any lower my pipes start to freeze.

EDIT: Realized that wearing gloves could make it difficult to draw and fire. Just wear one glove. :)

Riana

imported post

virginiatuck wrote:
Wear layers and virginia-tuck.

When it's pretty cold (20'sF and below) wear a short-sleeve-t-shirt, long-sleeve-t-shirt, and flannel all tucked into your pants and a large sweater on top tucked behind your gun. Don't forget the long-johns either; and keep your feet, hands, and head warm. Maybe you'll need bigger pants, but it's pretty easy to OC and stay warm.

Take the sweater off in the 30's, take the flannel off in the 40's, and take the long-sleeve-t-shirt off in the 50's. Over 60, carry mexican-style in your swim trunks and go shirtless! :lol:

Adding/removing layers is my way of adjusting the thermostat. Dress in layers around the house and you'll save money on your heating bill, too. I keep my thermostat at 60 for most of the winter. Why so high? If I go any lower my pipes start to freeze.

EDIT: Realized that wearing gloves could make it difficult to draw and fire. Just wear one glove. :)
Gotta be careful with that - wouldn't want anyone mistaking you for Michael Jackson, with the one glove and all.

When I went out today, I just wore a light jacket, and tucked the end of one side into my waistband, so I wasn't concealing. Of course, by the time I get my CHP, it'll be warm enough that it won't be a problem anymore.

hsmith

imported post

God it was pathetic.

I took my dog to the park so it could play in the snow, saw 2-3 other dog's out there with their owners playing.

NOT ONE SINGLE CHILD. NONE!

My god, when I was 10, if we had 2'' of snow we'd be outside for hours playing. When your socks finally froze it was time to go home!

richarcm

imported post

hsmith wrote:
God it was pathetic.

I took my dog to the park so it could play in the snow, saw 2-3 other dog's out there with their owners playing.

NOT ONE SINGLE CHILD. NONE!

My god, when I was 10, if we had 2'' of snow we'd be outside for hours playing. When your socks finally froze it was time to go home!

Well I'm not a fan of playing IN the snow anymore. But I did have fun this morning romping around the neighborhood in the 4x4. ;)

Riana

imported post

Agent19 wrote:
AbNo wrote:
Pfft, it's just a little snow, jeez.
1+

I'm still wearing shorts.
:what:It's people like you that make my DNA remember where I grew up. I can be bundled to the teeth, and still start shivering when I see you wacky people running around in shorts.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

OK wussies, it supposed to be near 70 this week-end so what will the excuse for not OCing be then? :p

Yata hey

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
OK wussies, it supposed to be near 70 this week-end so what will the excuse for not OCing be then? :p
Division won't send usregular ammunition; just this funny looking stuff made of small iron balls wrapped with wire?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Citizen wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
Division won't send usregular ammunition; just this funny looking stuff made of small iron balls wrapped with wire?
Use the short fuses - the one with which you train. :lol:

Yata hey

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Citizen wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

ROFLMAO

You mean the ones where the gun chief yells, "Fi (blam!)"?

Don't answer that on a family-oriented forum!!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Citizen wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
Citizen wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:

ROFLMAO

You mean the ones where the gun chief yells, "Fi (blam!)"?

Don't answer that on a family-oriented forum!!
Full charge, double bag, maximum depression Mister...... steady on as she rolls.

Yata hey

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
SNIP Full charge, double bag, maximum depression Mister...... steady on as she rolls.

Wuss. You do that, there is no boarding and no prize. What are you trying to do, pauper the officers?

Whypass up a chance to trade compliments and cutlass strokes with anopponent?

Shoot away their rigging. That is the proper course.

"Fire on the up-roll!"

:)