• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moving to CoS - FFL to ship to?

daveit

imported post

I'll be moving to CoS this summer. I was looking for a trusty dealer/FFL to send some firearms to. I'll need them to hold onto them for a bit until I secure a house and get my safe.

Thanks!

sheepdog

imported post

...dang, Earl, you can have my gunshop's FFL....I'll take REAL good care of 'em for you...no charge...(haddadoit...just hadda):D

Gunslinger

imported post

Any of the gun shops will do it, Specialty Sports, Sportsmans Warehouse, Whistling Pines Gun Club. They may charge you a small amount, but why aren't you just taking them with you? Then you can carry them to the shop to hold, once you find the one you want. Or even leave them with a friend. You don't need a FFL to keep weapons for someone.

daveit

imported post

Gunslinger wrote:
but why aren't you just taking them with you?

My wife is going to be pretty far along with her pregnancy so we will be flying instead of driving (I'd have to ship my handgun anyway driving through Canaduh). I'll already have way too much luggage...with a high maintenance, hormone-raging, pregnant wife, 3 year old, a cat, etc that there won't be room for firearms. Maybe if I can get the family shipped out a month ahead of me or something I can bring them but that's not in the plans at the moment.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

I'll be moving to Colo Springs in August, we should OC get together sometime.

daveit

imported post

That would be cool. I'll keep in touch on the board. Look fwd to one of the OC BBQs too. What's sending you to CoS?

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

daveit wrote:
That would be cool. I'll keep in touch on the board. Look fwd to one of the OC BBQs too. What's sending you to CoS?
Girlfriend is getting her masters there. Plus, it's so much more beautiful there than Texas. How about you?

daveit

imported post

Uncle Sam is sending me back to Peterson. I'm in the USAF. I lived in the Springs from winter 1997 to summer 2001.