• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seatac meeting ,meeting update

DEROS72

imported post

I met this morning with Manu and Irfner to continue plans for the March 28th meeting here in Seatac at the Willow lake apts.

I want to thank Manu who has agreed in effect to have Dino's Resturant cater the event.His support is un wavering.So if any of you have a chance to have dinner at Dino's please do the atmosphere and staff arewonderful and the food exemplary.He also gives a discount on your bill if you are open carrying.

Others are donating some cash to help out.If you wish to get involved contact myself or Manu.

This is about OCDO supporting a local community,we are doing this for the the residents,as well as OCDO.

We will have drawings for dinner for 2 certificates, 50 dollar Safeway grocery gift cards,Free coffee gift cards,and others.

Chris who owns the coffee stand on pacific south of 208th will be donating the coffee gifts and will be bringing the helium baloons for the kids.

I intrduced Irfner and manu to the Safeway manager who reaffirmed their support in donating sodas,bottled water and other snacks etc.

Elements of the Seatac police dept are behind us and will try to attend.Officer Reynolds and indicated he will be by.

We will in the next couple of days be putting together a press release ,OCDO supports residents where last mo. shooting took place.sort of theme.Could use some help with that.I would like to get the media to cover it.

So folks this event is growing wings ,I hope as many will attend as we can get.We will post updates as we go along and thanks everyone............

Manu

imported post

I am wondering is there any development about meeting? Do you have any time table planned out? If so can you please post it here so that everyone of us will chalk out our plans.

DEROS72

imported post

March 28th beginning about 11:00 Am .With lunch between 11:30 and 1:30.Socializing after lunch untill about 3:30 or so to be wrapped up by 5 PM.

Address is 3002 S 208th St.Seatac Wa.Off of Pac Hwy. In the Cabana next to the office .Parking along the street and we can use the parking lot at Angle lake Locksmith directly across the street from the entrance to Willow Lake Apts.

This is about OCDO supporting a local community,we are doing this for the the residents,as well as OCDO.

We will have drawings for dinner for 2 certificates, 50 dollar Safeway grocery gift cards,Free coffee gift cards,and others.

Chris who owns the coffee stand on pacific south of 208th will be donating the coffee gifts and will be bringing the helium baloons for the kids.

I intrduced Irfner and manu to the Safeway manager who reaffirmed their support in donating sodas,bottled water and other snacks etc.

Elements of the Seatac police dept are behind us and will try to attend.Officer Reynolds and indicated he will be by.

We will in the next couple of days be putting together a press release ,OCDO supports residents where last mo. shooting took place.sort of theme.Could use some help with that.I would like to get the media to cover it.

So folks this event is growing wings ,I hope as many will attend as we can get.We will post updates as we go along and thanks everyone............

irfner

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Deros

I left some money at Dino's to help with the funding.

For those of you who are unaware Deros and Manuhave been funding this event out of their own pockets. If youwant tocontributefunds can be left with Manu at "Dino's Greek and Italian Cuisine" restaurant on 1st Ave just south of Burien. It is a good place to eat while you are there too.

DEROS72

imported post

Thanks Irf.I will appreciate any help.I have a line on a grille so besides the menu from Dino's we are going to be having hot dogs a burgers.Thank Bookman for supplying the grill.Therefore we will need to purchase buns ,burgers ,dogs etc.

I just came back from safeway and i am now having people come up and ask about this meeting they are hearing about..

Manu

imported post

Thanks Irfner I got the money you left with my server, I'll give that money to Deros cuz I think it will be good if one person(Deros) is handling all the money. I appriciate your help for this cause. I am very excited that we are doing something constructive for OCDO and comminity.

Manu

imported post

Hello Deros one gentleman was here last night he left some donation money for you. I didnt get he name but I am guessing he is Beasly, I hope i have spelled his name right. Few more members are here too having thier dinner are excited for this get together.

DEROS72

imported post

That is so awesome as we can use all the help we can get.This event is growing big time.I will be later tonight revising the flyer we talked about today and have posted before morning.Thanks all of you guys ,it is so appreciated.......

As Manu and I talked about I reaffirmed safeways commitment,also with the Seatac police dept. etc .We are on a roll..

DEROS72

imported post

Here is the flyer going out.As we have stressed this is an event for OCDO to show community support.I would like if you all could rsvp so we could get a rough headcount as we approach the day....I will be advising the media shortly so we need to make this a kick ass turnout Thanks all

Address is 3002 S 208th St.Seatac Wa.Off of Pac Hwy. In the Cabana next to the office .Parking along the street and we can use the parking lot at Angle lake Locksmith directly across the street from the entrance to Willow Lake Apts.