• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Alaska House fires back at proposed federal gun registration

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

http://www.newsminer.com/news/2009/mar/01/alaska-house-fires-back-proposed-federal-gun-regis/

JUNEAU — The Alaska House sent a message to Washington, D.C. last week opposing a measure that would require federal firearm licensing for some guns.
All 40 representatives signed onto House Joint Resolution 17, sponsored by Rep. John Harris, R-Valdez. The Senate is working through a mirror resolution.

I can't imagine Washington State's legislature doing something like this... Dangit I can't wait to get up to Alaska!

spyderdude

imported post

History has shown that governments will find ways to disarm the people to gain power and support. It is taking much longer with America because many Americans understand what the 2nd Amendment really means, and it is embedded in our Constitution. We may not lose our freedoms in the next four years, but I have a feeling over the course of many years, through corruption and lies from our government we will see the fall of the greatest country in the world.

I am happy to see that our state government is opposing HR45, I figured they would as guns are essential to our ability to survive in Alaska.

murphyslaw

State Researcher
imported post

I don't read the Fbx paper, nor the anchorage paper. Even thou the anchorage paper is to left wing to print that story.

If I don't hear it on the AM radio or by someone else telling me about it. I am in the dark

Flintlock

imported post

murphyslaw wrote:
I don't read the Fbx paper, nor the anchorage paper. Even thou the anchorage paper is to left wing to print that story.

If I don't hear it on the AM radio or by someone else telling me about it. I am in the dark
You are right about that paper mostly. But they did print anopinion article that is actually positive.

http://www.adn.com/opinion/compass/story/708416.html

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Perhaps they are going to sneek it in while we all watch the volcano.
Guess Sarah Paline will sign this one you think. LOL

Our AL legislature gives great lip service to gun rights, but alas they bend
over for the teachers unions, and guess what the school policy is on guns.

See if you can add a ban on federal bullet taxes while you are at it.

Flintlock

imported post

SlackwareRobert wrote:
Perhaps they are going to sneek it in while we all watch the volcano.
Guess Sarah Paline will sign this one you think. LOL

Our AL legislature gives great lip service to gun rights, but alas they bend
over for the teachers unions, and guess what the school policy is on guns.

See if you can add a ban on federal bullet taxes while you are at it.

No offense, but I feel compelled to make some corrections...

Sarah Palin (not Paline)couldn't"sign it" because it is not a state bill but potentialfederal legislation, introduced by a Illinois Congressman. And it is theAK legislature, not AL (Alabama).

Alaskan Shooter

imported post

Well, I guess I should have posted something on this. I am the circulation director at the FDNM and see these stories all the time. I try to keep the editorial department informed when 2nd Amendment rights issues come up in town.

Not sure if it is posted on here yet but take a look at Fairbanks paper today for a good story on the task force meeting last night. We had several guests including Mike Kelly.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Alaskan Shooter wrote:
Well, I guess I should have posted something on this. I am the circulation director at the FDNM and see these stories all the time. I try to keep the editorial department informed when 2nd Amendment rights issues come up in town.

Not sure if it is posted on here yet but take a look at Fairbanks paper today for a good story on the task force meeting last night. We had several guests including Mike Kelly.
What is it like managing circulation for a paper like The News Miner? I'm the lead sales agent for The Olympian down here, and I imagine it's an entirely different world with newspapers up where you are at.

old dog

imported post

Real America lives!

Check cofcc.org for updates on other states' sovereignty assertions.

Flintlock