• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Good, The Bad, The Gun Shop

amzbrady

imported post

The Marksman Range in Puyallup

The Have the potential to be greatunder the right management, and with the right employees. Non caring employees who could care less about answering the phone, and have no idea what customer service means. They know the public needs them no matter how they treat the public, so they dont care. Dont deal with Wayne, he cant be relied on to do his job. I made the mistake of expecting them to be the professionals. I called to order the new Taurus Millineum Pro SS, I gave him the model number from the Taurus web site. He said he had 1 left on the shelf so I gave him a credit card number and told him that was what I wanted. I got there and didnt think I would need to bring anything Model number etc, so I could reverify it was what I wanted. He told me it was what I asked for and that the gun I bought was that one just with out the word PRO after mellineum like on the Taurus site. After Shooting it I asked as a begginer where how the single action worked on the gun. he said it didnt have one. come to find out this is last years model and now it was usedso they would have to consign it for me and reorder the correct one. As a begginer as a firearms owner. I hope to find more sights like this where we can inform each other of good, and bad experiences so we can enjoy the local businesses. I heard Cascade arms are good to deal with. Does anyone else know of local ranges, I'm tired of standing in the rain shooting at stumps.

bordsnbikes

imported post

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience there. I have always had great ones so hopefully this was an innocent mistake, or the mistake will be let go soon. The gunsmith there is very knowledgeable and friendly as are any employee's I've ever talked to there. I do agree they have a problem answering the phone, but I also know they are very busy. I live two miles away and shoot there a lot. Hopefully if you go back you will have a better experience. But after that I don't blame you if you don't.

compmanio365

imported post

Everytime I've gone there, it's been bad news. I have given them 3 chances, and each time I have been ignored; not so much as a "Hello, be with you in a minute."

If they don't feel I'm a good enough customer to warrant acknowledging, I don't feel they're a good enough gun shop to consider patronizing. And their range fees are absolutely ridiculous, IMO. I'll go to Mary's for my purchases and go out to the woods for target practice, thank you very much.

Nosrac

imported post

Three of the guys there are duds. I hate to say older as they are probably my age but they have never heard of customer service and one of them is just a plain rude know it all with poor listening skills. Now Jake and the other young guy that work there are really good. They are who I go to for anything including just getting on the range.

Wheelgunner

imported post

I live in Kingston, but still use Bear Arms in Kent. Jay and Bob are the owners and both are knowledgeable, honorable men. For me it a two hour journey. Find a shop you like and treasure it.

kenshin

imported post

That's sad to hear. I've used the Marksman for many years and have mostly great things to say.

I've only had one bad experience and that was when dealing with Wayne, you're right about him not doing his job.

Jake and Chris are both very knowledgeable guys though and can help you find almost anything.

I can not comment on the range though, I've never used it. I'm not to fond of indoor ranges, I prefer to be outside when I'm shooting.

Nosrac

imported post

kenshin wrote:
That's sad to hear. I've used the Marksman for many years and have mostly great things to say.

I've only had one bad experience and that was when dealing with Wayne, you're right about him not doing his job.

Jake and Chris are both very knowledgeable guys though and can help you find almost anything.

I can not comment on the range though, I've never used it. I'm not to fond of indoor ranges, I prefer to be outside when I'm shooting.

Chris...must be who I am thinking of then and Jake for sure.

Stoked

imported post

I agree on Mary's. I used to shoot and shop at the Marksman until I had one of their "rangemasters" scream at me and nearly physically assault me for doing EXACTLY what another one of their rangemaster's had told me to do, not 3 minutes prior.

Now, the only time I set foot in there is for work qualification (we balance it between there and Champion for some reason).

Any gun needs are handled at Mary's, and any indoor personal practice is at the Bullseye.

bugly

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
Nosrac wrote:
Mainsail wrote:
amzbrady wrote:
They know the public needs them no matter how they treat the public, so they dont care.
Sheesh, just go to Mary's.
I buy stuff at Mary's but I find their indoor range a little short. :D
And the targets tend to shoot back. :p
that's called live fire excersizes.....:celebrate