Thread: Successfully completed my 1st OC!

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bad_ace's Avatar

Post imported post

Hi all California OCers,

I recently decided to join the OC movement because I spoke with a lawyer and he guaranteed I'd get denied by my local Sheriff. I still plan on submitting my application for a CCW so I can say I tried. Until then I'll be Open Carrying.

So my outing was uneventful in respect to LEO encounters. Most people didn't notice and those that did seemed not to care.

I made a trip to Star Bucks in Cupertino and went to Kinko's to print more Pamphlets and laminate my 'OC is legal' card. Because of all the great posts here I felt prepared, I took my audio recorder and had a card in my wallet.

Thanks everyone!
    ~Bad Ace

Post imported post

Welcome to the forum and thanksforintroducing Open Carry to Santa Clara County.

Im curious though- this is your first post. Have you been lurking long? And how did you come to find OCDO?
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Post imported post

Thought I'd wait to post until I had something to contribute
    I've been lurking for a week or so.
    I found OCDO while searching for info on obtaining a CCW in Santa Clara.

If anyone else is in the Bay Area let me know. I'd like to a attend meet-up.

Post imported post

bad_ace wrote:
    I took my audio recorder and had a card in my wallet.

Thanks everyone!
    ~Bad Ace
    Good job. Be sure to include one of the training memos too or all of them. Don't forget the friendly witness(es)....

Post imported post

Hi

Long time lurker, First time poster

In the photo above, The guy in the skirt is just too much. OC is in your face. OC in a kilt thats askin for trouble.

Thanks for all the great info folks

David

Founder's Club Member - Moderator Gray Peterson's Avatar

Post imported post

Luchador wrote:
    Hi

In the photo above, The guy in the skirt is just too much. OC is in your face. OC in a kilt thats askin for trouble.

David
    What's wrong with OCing in a kilt?

Post imported post

I work with a guy that wears a kilt 4 days out of the week, I've gotten used to it, seems fairly normal to me now.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Luchador wrote:
    ...In the photo above, The guy in the skirt is just too much. OC is in your face. OC in a kilt thats askin for trouble...
    Calling a kilt a skirt is askin' for trouble. Being raised by a Scotsman, I can tell you this does not end well when done in person!
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org

Don't Tread On Me.

Post imported post

CA_Libertarian wrote:
    Luchador wrote:
    ...In the photo above, The guy in the skirt is just too much. OC is in your face. OC in a kilt thats askin for trouble...
    Calling a kilt a skirt is askin' for trouble. Being raised by a Scotsman, I can tell you this does not end well when done in person!
    I was watching the History Channel last night, a show about the TT races on the Isle on Mann.

They went into some of the laws they still have on the books there. It appears that if a"Manx" (resident of the Isle of Mann)spots a Scot wearing a Kilt on the Beach,it is perfectly legal for him to shoot the Scot.

Not kidding, really on the books. Kinda puts the kiabosh on wearing Kilts there.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Did the two Police in the background follow you guys around the whole day?.....lol....great pic....I gotta put up the ones from our little meet up here in the great northwest.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

Luchador wrote:
    The guy in the skirt is just too much.

Thats "Lady from Hell" to you bub!

http://realmenwearkilts.net/

wear a kilt and save a life:

Scot whips off his kilt to save a man's life (UK News, 21 May 97)]

A Scotsman saved the life of a stranded hillwalker on a remote mountainside by taking off his kilt and wrapping it round the shivering man. Bare-bottomed Andy Young, 43, braved the elements as he stripped down and used his kilt and thick cotton shirt to keep the hypothermic man warm. Mr Young cuddled close to Tom Mitchell, 41, and sang him traditional Scottish songs while they waited two hours on chilly Sron Ghorm, near the Aultguish Inn, Wester Ross, for a helicopter. Mr Mitchell, of Collynie, Methlick, near Aberdeen, went for a lone hill walk on Monday but did not return to the inn. Friends were particularly concerned because he is an epileptic. Mr Young said: "It was all I could think of because he was shivering so much. I cuddled in close beside him and I think our body heat kept us alive. I sang songs to him to keep his spirits up. I sang MacPherson's Rant, the Skye Boat Song over and over again. "When the helicopter arrived, I took my kilt and shirt back and looked on as he was winched into the helicopter. I did not want to have to walk into the inn naked."

the life you save may be your own!

Safer in the Kilt

A new (British) safety report confirms what every real Scot knows. Donning the kilt instead of trousers is good for your health. Department of Trade and Industry determined that putting on trousers poses a serious risk of injury because people lose their balance and topple over hurting themselves. The critical and most dangerous part is pulling up the second leg when the first is still at half mast. The yearly home accident report by the DTI estimates there were 4400 trouser victims last year. Another 400 injured themselves putting on their underwear. Kiltmaker Gordon Nicholson of McCalls of Edinburgh seized on the report as evidence of what he has been preaching for years. He said: "If people would only wear traditional costume, all this pain and injury would be prevented. "I have never heard of anyone injuring themselves putting on a kilt. "I've heard of people injuring themselves once they've got it on," he added. "I would think if there were any injuries linked to kilts then they would be from dancing or drinking."
    ]

Post imported post

then there is alwaysthe SD UOCSCUBA kilted event. thats UOC (underwater open carry:P)

Post imported post

cato wrote:
    then there is alwaysthe SD UOCSCUBA kilted event. thats UOC (underwater open carry:P)

I'm lost for words on this one :celebrate

Post imported post

cato wrote:
    Scot whips off his kilt to save a man's life (UK News, 21 May 97)]

A Scotsman saved the life of a stranded hillwalker on a remote mountainside by taking off his kilt and wrapping it round the shivering man. Bare-bottomed Andy Young, 43, braved the elements as he stripped down and used his kilt and thick cotton shirt to keep the hypothermic man warm. Mr Young cuddled close to Tom Mitchell, 41, and sang him traditional Scottish songs..."
    That just brings up really distrubing images of Willy the Groundskeeper from "The Simpsons".

And I sure didn't know "Stranger's in the Night" was a traditional Scottish song.

Post imported post

hey! that's the workman's utilikilt. I have that one too! And it does do well in water.

Post imported post

edit!
    When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.

Post imported post

cato wrote:

everyone better taketheir glocks then.

Post imported post

dirtykoala wrote:
    i was told that if you submit your ccw permit, if (haha) it gets turned down, they can use that against you later to sat "if its been turned down before its probably for a reason, and im going to stick with the first persons decision"
    Absolutely right. Before I found OCDO, I was looking into applying for LTC in Sac or Placer County. (I had plans to move to Roseville at the time). It was a good thing I didn't even try in Sac. According to this document: http://www.placer.ca.gov/Departments...ria%20pdf.ashx, one of the criteria for a denial is "Applicant was previously denied a license to carry a concealed weapon"

Since then however, the good people here have convinced me that I really don't want to pay forn a revokable permission slip from the "man". And I truly mean that, too.

Post imported post

Lonnie Wilson wrote:
    Luchador wrote:
    Hi

David
    What's wrong with OCing in a kilt?
    Hey, when the big push comes in San Francisco you can bet your next paycheck SOMEBODY will OC in a thong!

Post imported post

Go bad ace!
    I'm prepping for my first OC soon. I'm in Alameda county so it'll be just as difficult.

bad_ace wrote:
    Hi all California OCers,

I recently decided to join the OC movement because I spoke with a lawyer and he guaranteed I'd get denied by my local Sheriff. I still plan on submitting my application for a CCW so I can say I tried. Until then I'll be Open Carrying.

So my outing was uneventful in respect to LEO encounters. Most people didn't notice and those that did seemed not to care.

I made a trip to Star Bucks in Cupertino and went to Kinko's to print more Pamphlets and laminate my 'OC is legal' card. Because of all the great posts here I felt prepared, I took my audio recorder and had a card in my wallet.

Thanks everyone!
    ~Bad Ace

Post imported post

Well good luck. PM me if you have any questions.

Don't forget your audio recorder, and remember, nothing you tell the police will help you. Give them you name (maybe address) and let them do an (e) check. Other than that keep quiet, you can't talk your way out of a trip to the station.

We should see if there is enough interest from the bay area to do a meet-up. At some point I want to OC in San Francisco, I have a friend that lives there and is interested in OCing but thinks LEO will react negatively.

Post imported post

bad_ace wrote:

Don't forget your audio recorder, and remember, nothing you tell the police will help you. Give them you name (maybe address) and let them do an (e) check. Other than that keep quiet, you can't talk your way out of a trip to the station.

We should see if there is enough interest from the bay area to do a meet-up. At some point I want to OC in San Francisco, I have a friend that lives there and is interested in OCing but thinks LEO will react negatively.
    Your friend is probably correct. There has been a recorded UOC police encounter in Alameda County, but the demonstrator was an out-of-stater who had a California pamphlet on him. It is important to bear in mind that the Bay Area is extraordinarily hostile to gunowners and it is not unreasonable to conclude that UOC could result in a false arrest scenario. If you are intent on making an UOC exercise there all the previous advice desiminated here counts three times over- Know your surroundings, carry audio/visual recording devices that are actively recording, carry pamphlets, and bring friendly witnesses
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Post imported post

I live in a densely populated area and will probably just walk across the street to local restaurants to gain familiarity. My balcony can spot the restaurants and I'll probably have a video camera recording. hopefully the tape won't have to see the inside of a courtroom

ConditionThree wrote:
    bad_ace wrote:

Your friend is probably correct. There has been a recorded UOC police encounter in Alameda County, but the demonstrator was an out-of-stater who had a California pamphlet on him. It is important to bear in mind that the Bay Area is extraordinarily hostile to gunowners and it is not unreasonable to conclude that UOC could result in a false arrest scenario. If you are intent on making an UOC exercise there all the previous advice desiminated here counts three times over- Know your surroundings, carry audio/visual recording devices that are actively recording, carry pamphlets, and bring friendly witnesses

Post imported post

If it's nott "Scottish"....It's Crrrraaap!