• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Successfully completed my 1st OC!

bad_ace

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Well good luck. PM me if you have any questions.

Don't forget your audio recorder, and remember, nothing you tell the police will help you. Give them you name (maybe address) and let them do an (e) check. Other than that keep quiet, you can't talk your way out of a trip to the station.

We should see if there is enough interest from the bay area to do a meet-up. At some point I want to OC in San Francisco, I have a friend that lives there and is interested in OCing but thinks LEO will react negatively.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

bad_ace wrote:

Don't forget your audio recorder, and remember, nothing you tell the police will help you. Give them you name (maybe address) and let them do an (e) check. Other than that keep quiet, you can't talk your way out of a trip to the station.

We should see if there is enough interest from the bay area to do a meet-up. At some point I want to OC in San Francisco, I have a friend that lives there and is interested in OCing but thinks LEO will react negatively.
Your friend is probably correct. There has been a recorded UOC police encounter in Alameda County, but the demonstrator was an out-of-stater who had a California pamphlet on him. It is important to bear in mind that the Bay Area is extraordinarily hostile to gunowners and it is not unreasonable to conclude that UOC could result in a false arrest scenario. If you are intent on making an UOC exercise there all the previous advice desiminated here counts three times over- Know your surroundings, carry audio/visual recording devices that are actively recording, carry pamphlets, and bring friendly witnesses

w8291

imported post

I live in a densely populated area and will probably just walk across the street to local restaurants to gain familiarity. My balcony can spot the restaurants and I'll probably have a video camera recording. hopefully the tape won't have to see the inside of a courtroom

ConditionThree wrote:
bad_ace wrote:

Your friend is probably correct. There has been a recorded UOC police encounter in Alameda County, but the demonstrator was an out-of-stater who had a California pamphlet on him. It is important to bear in mind that the Bay Area is extraordinarily hostile to gunowners and it is not unreasonable to conclude that UOC could result in a false arrest scenario. If you are intent on making an UOC exercise there all the previous advice desiminated here counts three times over- Know your surroundings, carry audio/visual recording devices that are actively recording, carry pamphlets, and bring friendly witnesses