• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is anyone a life member of the nra?

yankees98a

imported post

NRA is having a promotion again to become a life member for $300. I need a life member to sponsor me so I can become a life member.

Can anyone help?

buzzsaw

imported post

Am one but don't recommend it. Have thought long and hard about following the first Bush's example and telling them to stick it. On the other hand it amuses me to make them continue to send the magazine every month without getting anything more out of me. Life mem. since 79

Springfield45

imported post

buzzsaw wrote:
Am one but don't recommend it. Have thought long and hard about following the first Bush's example and telling them to stick it. On the other hand it amuses me to make them continue to send the magazine every month without getting anything more out of me. Life mem. since 79
+1

I am and I'm regretting it .... I'm not exactly proud of the NRA anymore ....

I don't want to be part of the Negotiating your Rights Away club ....

~~Springfield

Bullbuster

imported post

I took them up some time back on the Lifer thing at a local gun show. I enjoy the discounts I get for having the card more than anything. Saved more thanI have paid so I'm good in that aspect. But God forbid ya ask them if they plan to put .02 in on something other than their agenda like Sunday Hunting.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Please let us know (including those of us who are life members) so we can sponsor someone.

I'm not a fan of the NRA, but you can't change ANYTHING from the outside. As a life member, at least I get to vote, and when I call with a question or complaint, I get an answer.

LEO 229

imported post

NRA Membership Benefits and Services
These basic membership benefits are automatically included with your NRA Annual Membership or Life Membership.
  • An official NRA Membership ID card - showing your Membership ID number and expiration date or Life Member status. You should carry this card with you at all times.

• With all regular memberships, you will get a choice of subscription to American Rifleman, American Hunter, or America's 1st Freedom.

• Junior members receive a subscription to Insights,

• $10,000 of Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage at NO COST to you. The plan covers accidents at, or to and from, an NRA event; and accidents that occur during the use of firearms or hunting equipment while hunting. coverage increases to $25,000 for Law Enforcement Officers killed in the line of duty. For more information, including special provisions and limitations, or to designate your beneficiary, click here. No Cost Accident Benefit

• $1000 of ArmsCare coverage with your NRA membership. This plan covers insured firearms, air guns, bows and arrows against theft, accidental loss, and damage. For special provisions and limitations of the ArmsCare Plan click here. ArmsCare

New and Enhanced insurance coverages through the NRA Endorsed Insurance Programs. Enroll on-line for Life, Health and Accident and Individual Property and Liability insurance or call Toll free 1-877-NRA-3006 (1-877-672-3006.) New Commercial Property & Liability Insurance Program for NRA Affiliated Clubs and Business Alliance Members, visit on-line or call Toll Free 1-877-487-5407.
  • The most important benefit of NRA membership, however, is the defense of your Constitutional right to keep and bear arms. NRA-ILA tracks the issues and alerts members about legislation involving firearms and hunting at the federal, state and local levels of government. Successful legislative action begins with you -- the individual member. For information regarding legislative action or to become an ILA grassroots volunteer, call 1-800-392-8683.

LEO 229

imported post

Membership Terms:

1 Year Membership$35.00 [align=left] 2 Year Membership$60.00 [/align][align=left] 3 Year Membership$85.00 [/align][align=left] 5 Year Membership$125.00 [/align][align=left] Life Membership$1,000.00 [/align][align=left] EPL Life Membership$1,000.00
(40 payments of $25) [/align][align=left] 1 Year Associate Membership$10.00
(no magazine) [/align][align=left] [/align]

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Note the absence of 'voting' in the list of member benefits.

Only life members and above may vote. The "four million members" are really four million voiceless magazine subscribers, kind'a like Oprah - gullah-bull.
Not true. Life members may vote immediately. Those who have been annual members for five or more consecutive years may also vote.

Not an NRA fan, but interested in the truth.

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

yankees98a wrote:
NRA is having a promotion again to become a life member for $300. I need a life member to sponsor me so I can become a life member.

Can anyone help?

Having joined the NRA many years ago and becoming a Life member shortly after, and then an Endowment life member, and then shortly after a Patronlife member, and then shortly after a Benefactor life member.

So, after sending all that money to the NRA what do I say?

Nationally? Join GOA or JPFO.

Locally for me in Virginia? VCDL! No question about it at all. They are by far THE #1 grass roots gun organization in this country!

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

yankees98a wrote:

Can anyone help?
I still haven't seen this.

Unless you're talking about a Legacy Life Membership. That doesn't kick in until the initial life member dies, does it? I have to admit I haven't looked at it that closely.