• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Louisiana Tea Party this Saturday

GPossenti

imported post

Any of you guys (or gals) attending? Wanna make this an open carry event as well? We could show the country how we do it in Louisiana.

Comments, ideas, criticism?

“Tea Party” and “Anti-Pork” Protest Rally in Lafayette, Louisiana
Time: March 7, 2009 from 1pm to 3pm
Organized By: Leslie A.
Event Description:
Team Sarah Louisiana and Louisiana Resistance to Host “Tea Party” and “Anti-Pork” Rally in Lafayette
Lafayette, LA, February 24, 2009—Team Sarah Louisiana and its affiliate group, Louisiana Resistance, will host a “Tea Party“ and “Anti-Pork” protest rally on Saturday, March 7, 2009, at 1:00 pm in Veterans Park, 200 Feu Follett Road, in Lafayette.
The rally is for the purpose of protesting the massive, 787 billion dollar “porkulus” legislation just passed that will bankrupt the country and incur massive new debt for generations of Americans.
Attendees are encouraged to create signs and personal symbols expressing their outrage at this unprecedented waste of taxpayer dollars and violation of the public trust.
Team Sarah (www.teamsarah.org) is a diverse coalition of Americans dedicated to advancing the values Sarah Palin represents in the political process. Team Sarah has gained over 65,000 members nationwide since its inception in the fall of 2008. Louisiana Resistance (www.resist.net) is the Louisiana arm of the Patriotic Resistance, another idea-based network for battling the Obama agenda. For more information, call 337-258-8852 or email clesliealexander@yahoo.com.

Dustin

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
I'd be up for it.
Does anyone know if this park has any signs supposedly banning weapons?
Is there any local ordinance we may want to be aware of?

Right, b/c that would be an easy way for them to arrest ALL of the participants.

Ambush Style.

ManInBlack

imported post

I would love to come...unfortunately, work is making me fly to Charlotte on Thursday night and I'll be gone all weekend. My great experiences open-carrying in the Denham Springs/Hammond area this weekend really make me want to do it more often. The Chocolate City is like a different country from the rest of this great state.

Good luck and God speed to all who attend!

zxin_it

imported post

Hi all,

Have not logged in in awhile. Has anyone decided whether to OC at this event? I will try and make it there if so. Have a full plate tomorrow, but think i can manage to get there.

Ron