• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Would you open carry an AR type pistol?

What do you think about carrying an AR type pistol?

• No! That's too much.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe, if SHTF was in effect.

• If I need an Ar I'll carry the rifle version.

• Total voters

r6-rider

imported post

id rather carry the rifle but i wouldnt mind carrying the pistol version if thats what all i had

Dustin

imported post

KBCraig wrote:
Why carry something that's useless as a pistol, and useless as a carbine?

Yea, b/c 5.56 rounds haven't killed anyone huh ?

So useless that the U.S. Military, the Finest fighting force in the world carries them.

Pathetic :banghead:

david.ross

imported post

no no, he probably means he'd rather use an RPG to make sure the job gets done. :D

Yeah, 5.56 is so useless since you can actually miss if you don't aim.

(jesting)

Legba

imported post

I'm not a fan of the reverse-carbine idea (making a rifle into a pistol). I'd prefer to just carry a long gun if I needed something more powerful than a regular handgun round.

-ljp

CrossFire

imported post

I took this to ask if I would only, not if I would prefer,and I would without hesitation but I agree my XD45 or XD9 would be first choice.

Dustin

imported post

SFCRetired wrote:
It was, to my mind, originally designed for "religious" shooters. You know; spray and pray.

OK, y'all may now begin flaming me.:D

They fixed that very shortly after it first entered the Battlefield.

Any weapon that can put rounds on target at 500yds, with iron sites and little adjustment is a worthy weapon. I've put men down with it before, on more than one occasion. I trusted my life with it, and would do it again, anytime.

Although if I had a choice I too would carry the Springfield M1A SOCOM.

spga_story28a_544.jpg

david.ross

imported post

Well, I suppose the question would be for me, would I rather carry a ar pistol or a five-seven. ;)

If 5.56 was meant to be a good 300m round, then why not just make specific ammo for an ar pistol to get a good close range effect without over penetration?

I suppose a question comes to mind, why have something like 5.7, even though I do like the ammo, when 5.56 can do? I realize 5.7 is meant for a SMG and some may scoff at the five-seven pistol.

Has anyone tested the difference of effectiveness between 5.7 vs 5.56?

I also do realize 5.7 is smaller so about 50 rounds weighs about the same as 30 rounds of 5.56.

LEO 229

imported post

ocman1991A1 wrote:
we wouldn't want to upset the alphabet agencies and reno 229
You are not going to be upsetting me. I could are less what you carry. :lol:

For me... I am going to carry what is practical and needed for the job.

If you need to shoot through bullet proof vests you can carry a rifle or this AR pistol.

I suspect the weight and size is going to make it less than practical to carry around on your leg for any length of time.

In my opinion... I think your a dill hole if you do. :lol:

I am going to make jokes and rage you hard!!! But feel free if you are looking to get some strange looks. I am aware a few members long for that type of attention. :shock:

Thundar

imported post

Why worry about what others are carrying? It is all good. If I really need to carry a .223 pistol, the kel-tec is lighter and cheaper, and fun to shoot.

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

I thought about this, but I don't think it would be all that practical.

I saw a drop leg holster for an AR15 pistol. It had a few straps on it and it looked like it would take at least a few seconds to draw.

On the other hand, you can draw a pistol from a serpa holster in probably half to 3 quarters of a second. Seconds count big time.

Also, like others said, the .223 would probably over penetrate, I would much rather have a .45 hollowpoint to make sure that a bullet doesn't go through a BG and hit little orphan Anny.

Plus, I couldn't imagine the hassle from police from carrying an assault rifle pistol on my leg.