• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HB 615

madpegtod

imported post

As I know you are a proud gun owner living in the state of Georgia you will want to take a look at House Bill 615.

Georgia Gun Owners should look to make this piece of legislation a top priority for their 2009-2010 legislative session agenda. Rep. Tim Bearden (R-68) introduced HB 615 last Friday and it will receive its first reading in the House on Tuesday, March 3rd. HB 615 addresses a number of issues that are of crucial importance to the Gun Owning community of Georgia, including repealing the public gathering law and making the license a true concealed weapons license, rather than a firearms license.

Below you'll find how Rep. Bearden's bill would accomplish returning many 2nd amendment rights, broken down by section.

To review HB 615 please utilize this link; http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/2009 ... /hb615.htm

If this is something you can fully support then by all means help by signing the linked petition that will be shared with our Georgia General Assembly when the time of need arrives to help influence their vote of support for our 2nd Amendment rights...

Sign the petition by clicking here and following the prompts; http://www.PetitionOnline.com/GaHB615/petition.html

Continue Reading & Understanding:

SECTION 1 - This section of the bill addresses the concealed carry law and permits the concealed carry of weapons, rather than just pistols, revolvers, and concealable firearms. Section 1 also makes it legal for those eligible under federal law to possess a firearm in a motor vehicle, which fixes an oversight in the concealed carry statute.

SECTION 2 - This section repeals the public gathering law and makes it clear that the only places off limits to you in Georgia will be the portion of a building housing courtrooms, jail, or a prison.

SECTION 3 - This section repeals the requirement of a license to carry a pistol openly, making Georgia like the majority of states, where a license is needed only to conceal the weapon, not merely to carry it.

SECTION 4 - This section changes the licensing law to provide for the option of a lifetime license or the regular 5 year license. It also changes the issuing authority to the Secretary of State. This section also removes the disqualifier for misdemeanor marijuana convictions and concealed weapons carry offenses.

SECTION 5 - This section makes it illegal to seize your weapon during a declared emergency.

SECTION 6 - This section removes the Governor's power to seize your weapon during a time of declared emergency.

SECTION 7 - This section makes sure that your private information will still be confidential once the licensing moves over to the Secretary of State.

SECTION 8 - This section makes the act effective the day it is signed, rather than July 1 of the year it is signed.

SECTION 9 - This section repeals all conflicting laws.

Thank you for you time, interests and consideration.

jbeck

imported post

2873!!!

My boyfriendand I are getting a radio commercial spot on our local stations to inform our local area. We live in a fairly large town for GA and it would be wonderful if we could add an extra 50,000 signatures just from here! I suggest you try the same in your areas. Radio advertising isn't that expensive, especially if you have a few friends to split the bill. We are also currently typing up a flyer to take and put up around town. This bill needs all the support it can get. Will get the sample up here as soon as we can. We are taking a stack to our local gun shop and suggest you do the same. Most shopowners feel the same as us, but you can also pitch it to them that it's good for business. If this thing passes many more people will carry because they won't have to deal with the frustrations of it. This is a Utopian bill for us in GA, let's show them we want it!!

Malum Prohibitum

imported post

jbeck wrote:
2873!!!

My boyfriendand I are getting a radio commercial spot on our local stations to inform our local area. We live in a fairly large town for GA and it would be wonderful if we could add an extra 50,000 signatures just from here! I suggest you try the same in your areas. Radio advertising isn't that expensive, especially if you have a few friends to split the bill. We are also currently typing up a flyer to take and put up around town. This bill needs all the support it can get. Will get the sample up here as soon as we can. We are taking a stack to our local gun shop and suggest you do the same. Most shopowners feel the same as us, but you can also pitch it to them that it's good for business. If this thing passes many more people will carry because they won't have to deal with the frustrations of it. This is a Utopian bill for us in GA, let's show them we want it!!
Can you give us more details, please?

jbeck

imported post

Malum, not really sure what you are asking but we went around and put up a flyer anywhere that we could think of with a stack at the counter to take with you (already passed out obo 300). We of course hit the guns shops first, but also hardware, convenience, and pawn/loan stores. Next will be on monday Dr offices, gun ranges, and any privately owned restaurants and businesses. Also my Girl is tapping all of the social networking sites.I will attach the flyer that we used to this post. We are in Valdosta, and are working on a deal with local FM radio (mix 96, hot 102.7, 99.5 Kix, and Talk 105.9) to get a small spot on as many, and as much as possible. Also have a couple of contacts with TV and are trying to get airtime there as well. There seems to be a tremendous undercurrent of support for this as we have met little to no resistance, everyone we have spoken with loves the idea of and behind this bill. Feel free if anyone wants to use our flyer or come up with one of your own.

rmodel65

imported post

jdgypsy wrote:
Did HB 615 pass? I visit GA often and like to keep current.

no not yet its set to be voted on next year some time and dec 3(iirc) theres a day for everyone to show up at the state house in support