• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Opportunity for Open Holster Event in Green Bay???

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

On Saturday March 7th Titletown Brewery Green Bay Jerry Bader (Conservative Talk Show Host WTAQ) has organized a Tea Party Protest. Since this is outside of a Bar/Restaurant it probably would not make a good open carry event, but an Open holster Event may be called for???

http://www.wtaq.com/stationfiles/shows/bader/index.asp

He is encouraging banners and posters, and there is a certainty that there will be media coverage...

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

941.237(3)(g)

941.237 Carrying handgun where alcohol beverages
may be sold and consumed.
[ ...]
(2) Whoever intentionally goes armed with a handgun on any
premises for which a Class “B” or “Class B” license or permit has
been issued under ch. 125 is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor.
(3) Subsection (2) does not apply to any of the following:
[ ...]
(g) The possession or use of a handgun on the premises if
authorized for a specific event of limited duration by the owner or
manager of the premises who is issued the Class “B” or “Class B”
license or permit under ch. 125 for the premises.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Ahhhh.... the gun show exclusion...

The odds of the owner ofTitletown saying "Sure, go ahead and pack heat" is just above zero and just below a snow ball's chance in hell.....:cool:

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
OC a long gun. Permission may not be needed.
Wellll... one always needs permission to be in somebody's establishment. It's just not a "gun crime" to have a long gun in there.

Lammie

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The McKenna tea party would more than likely be a better choice to show up in support of open carry for acouple of reasons. The weather should be warmer so holsters will be more visible and because McKenna is a staunch supporter of open carry. You can bet any intrusion by the authorities would get a lot of her attention. Just be sure if you are there that you don't go inside any buildings located on Capitol property, including rest rooms.

pachanga22

imported post

The other issue I had not thought of it is on the steps of the state capitol and if I'm not mistaken we can not carry there, would have to remain of the property.

As far as Vicki is concerned I will see her at the AFP event this Saturday and ask her if I get the chance

Scott

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

HO Ho ho. Thanks.

Makes me think of a local eXtreme boat and its name. It is a 52 foot(!) runabout named 'Chickenhawk'. To me that is a practitioner of nasty pederasty.

My Beneteau FIRST 235 will go on the market ($15K w/ new semi custom trailer) when I can get it out of the snow. It has become too expensive and my arthritic hands can't pull ropes so well anymore.

Chickenhawk had a monthly slip and service bill of $8000 last year. Most I imagine was gasoline.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

pachanga22 wrote:
The other issue I had not thought of it is on the steps of the state capitol and if I'm not mistaken we can not carry there, would have to remain of the property.
I'm not aware of anything that prohibits one from having a firearm on state capitol property as long as one remains outside of the building itself. Do you have anything that you can cite to support your belief?

Teej

imported post

Roughly what's something like that end up costing over the course of a year anyway?

(Your boat, Doug)

hugh jarmis

Centurion
imported post

Whats your usual lake? I am out every weekend on a local lake. Okauchee, Pewaukee,Nagawicka, Big Cedar, Geneva, Delavan, Castle Rock, Mendota, Lake Michigan, and occasionally I party with the FIBS on the chain.

lets tie up next summer! ;)