• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Georgia legislator introduces bill to repeal permit requirement to open carry handguns!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Please click on this link and DIGG it - DIGG.com helps push web links to higher cisibility,
http://www.freerepublic.com/~majstoll/
http://www.examiner.com/x-2782-DC-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m3d2-Georgia-legislator-introduces-bill-to-repeal-permit-requirement-to-open-carry-handguns

SNIP
Unlike most states, Georgia requires a permit to carry an unconcealed handgun. But now Georgia State Representative Tim Bearden (R – Carroll and Douglas Counties) seeks to change that by introducing HB 615. . . . Arguably then Representative Bearden’s HB 615 is just legislating the Constitutional mandate that free men and women have the right to open carry without any permit. Not only is that already the law in most states, that’s what the North Carolina Supreme Court said in State v. Kerner, 181 N.C. 574 (1921) (striking down state statute requiring permit to open carry handgun as unconstitutional violation of state constitution’s right to bear arms provision).

david.ross

imported post

You know, with all the Obama stuff going on, I think he has opened the eyes of many through his illogical statements and actions(voting record).

I almost want to say having Obama as president has caused much good. The same type of good which comes from wars battling evil dictators and communists during wars.

KBCraig

imported post

Dugg.

I've got you on Facebook, Mike, so I get all your announcements, click on your examiner columns, and digg them.