• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Michigan Malls owned by CBL Properties

thekunk47

imported post

Whatever happened with this. I was at Partridge Creek Mall today and was asked to leave by 2 unarmed secirity guards due to their NO FIREARMS Policy. It seems to me to be almost a form of discrimination. I think it's time to send letters to all the store owners in the mall informing them of their safety and their revenues being in jeopardy because of this liberal policy. There were litterally hundreds of kids playing there and no armed personel to help should some idiot flip out with an AK.Let me know how I can help.

George

gekgun@yahoo.com

sevenplusone

imported post

Also, I would give them an idea for a recommendation on what their rules should be adjusted to.

A recommended wording for your policy that releases your business of any burden from any side would be "follow all state and local rules regarding weapons and self-defense."

thekunk47

imported post

I got a call from Robbie Stark who is the General Manager of Partridge Creek Mall on M-59. They had a meeting after getting a lot of flack and decide to allow open and concealed carry there unless a disturbance is created. We shouldn't be stopped by security unless doing something wrong.Also said it may take a few days for the new ruling to trickle down.

George

gekgun@yahoo.com

moreguns

imported post

When I spoke with the management at Lakeside Mall I was asked to refrain from carrying a firearm into the mall. I will not go there anymore , unless they change their policy.It looks like I will be going to Partrige creek more often.

thekunk47

imported post

Please send me contact information for Lakeside Mall and I'll see what I can do. Retail sales are down enough without them risking losing a lot more.They need to be aware of state law and furnish us with a definite.This BS of refraining is their way of hoping we'll listen without further ado.When they realize we won't cave they may have to play ball. Lakeside is NOT private property so retrictions are unenforceable.

moreguns

imported post

Sorry I do not have the contact info. anymore. I had contacted them about a year ago. I was under the impression that Lakeside is private property, owned by some large company. Will you be at the picnic this Sunday ?

TheRabbitsHole

imported post

I have taken it upon myself to write a unique letter. If they see the same thing over and over, I fear they will just start throwing it away.

A mall is a big social and financial environment with too many criminal possibilities. Even as a kid I never felt safe in the Mall.

thekunk47

imported post

I will be at the picnic Sunday.It is my understanding that they lose their private propety status when they lease to businesses that deal with the walk-in public.They need to know it will codt them revenue to not comply with state law.However private or not, if asked to leave, we are trespassing if we say no.