• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is it possible to get banned from BoJangle's?

acritical

imported post

So it's Saturday afternoon on Feb. 21st. Me and my girl are hungry. She wanted some chicken and I wanted some sweet tea. Some of you here know my situation with the BoJangle's in Raleigh having signs on the doors that says No Firearms. Well, I found one in Durham, on 54/55 that states, No Concealed Weapons. So, I have been going there quite frequently open carrying without incident. That was until....

So, I just got the car washed, and we decide to go get something to eat before going to my sister'shouse. I am wearing my Ruger P97, standing in the line discussing with my girl what we were going to get. There was no one in front of us or behind us. So we are in no particular hurry.

Like I said, we have become quite regular there, and I know the faces of most of the people. As we were standing there, I noticed the register area, behind the counter, was getting quite full of people. We are thinking that they are slow and bored, so we may be getting people fighting to get us out food. Best service situation, we are golden.

Anyway, we walk up to the counter and before I can order, there is a female manager that I have never seen before, asking me if that is a gun. I am struck by surprise by the question that I had to actually look at it. When the initial shock is over, I reply with a definite "yes'. She goes on to ask if the gun is real, again the answer is "yes'. By this time, my girl and I are looking at each other kind of confused.

The manager then replies, "You cannot have that in here." My response is, "Sure, I can." Remember I have been there many times before.

She again states, "No you cannot. That is a gun." It goes back and forth about twice. By this time, those employees that were not at the counter are at the counter now. They must not have been too threatened by the firearm, no one ran or hid.

After going back and forth I remind her that the sign on the door states, No Concealed Weapons and my firearm is not concealed. My girl even states that I am not doing anything wrong. Everyone looks at the manager. She states, "I don't think guns should be allowed in the store at all." I stated that was fine, but it was obviously the store policy that as long as they are not concealed they are ok. At no time did she ask me to leave or tell me to remove the firearm.

Once I said what I did, she stated, that she would call and find out for herself. So I thanked her and asked her to do so. I then ordered my food and sat in the restaurant to eat.

Now I can see the employees looking at her like, "Is that it?" While eating, I see her walking back and forth on the phone and glaring at me while I am eating. Every so often one of the employees would come out and hover like they are trying to find out what, if anything, we are saying.

After about 20 minutes, we finished eating, got more tea and left. She however was no longer on the phone and made efforts to not look or speak to me. I think I am going to have to go back. :D

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Sounds like you handled yourself well. I wouldn't be worried about being banned from the BoJ lol. I think it's funny that some BoJangles have problems, since every one I've been to out here had no signs and no problems with my firearm.

acritical

imported post

Yeah, I think it is strange that there seems to be no set policy for the stores, even though they are franchises. Even franchises, have certain corporate policies that they have to follow.

It is supposed to be very warm this weekend, and I can already feel a hunger for a good BoJangle's biscuit.

ocgso

imported post

I haven't tried the local Bojangles, but have eaten at the Arby's many times without incident.......

I always :shock:very hard to see if any place has a sign and haven't noticed if the local Boj has one or not. I will have to give that a try soon.

I say you handled it very well, and I would definitely go back if I were you.

acritical

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
I did go in a Napa auto parts store looking for an oil drain valve to replace the plug in my car.  I was OCing.  He asked me, "Are you loaded?"  I glanced at my gun, and back at him and said, "Well, yes, it wouldn't be much good if it wasn't."  He said, "No, no, I mean your wallet, the valve you want is 50 bucks!"

:lol: Now that was a good incident. Why do I not have incidents like that one??