• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bladetech holster

bordsnbikes

imported post

I'm not sure if your asking a question, but I'll answer what I think is one.

If it just "snaps" in because it's form fitted to the gun then no, it has no retention.

If it has something like a thumb break that goes around the backstrap of the gun then yes it is a retention holster.

What model is it? Or a picture would be very helpful.

SemperFiGuy

imported post

The holster is the M&P 9/40 series. I guess my question should have been; Is this holster secure enough to use for day to day oc use? Sorry about the photo quality.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

SemperFiGuy wrote:
The holster is the M&P 9/40 series. I guess my question should have been; Is this holster secure enough to use for day to day oc use? Sorry about the photo quality.

Semper, that model Bladetech if fine for CC but I never would recommend it for OC. For my Glock 21SF Iuse a Bladetech Level 2 with SR Loops. They are pricy-about $110 with S & H.

d_294.jpg

IIRC, Blachhawk makes a SERPA CQC for the M&P's for about $45

Marco

imported post

If you feel comfortable with your ability to retain your gun in an attempted gun grab, sure.

A lock is only there to keep the honest man/woman honest.