Thread: ammo???? whats the real story

Post imported post

So whats the real story with the ammo problom ??? is it really all being bought up ????? everyone is out with backorders .Idahocoarsair whats your input on this problom.

Post imported post

I don't know about Idaho, but locally in Nevada, the walmart never gets much in. The gun shop down the street about 5 blocks always has a real good supply.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Post imported post

here in Idaho falls ssssssportsmans has been like a store going out of buisness.cabelas is dry it sucks when you cant even get bricks of 22 ammom.

Post imported post

sorry key board sticks .

Post imported post

Having the same problem with cheap 38 specials, but my 357 specialty ammo is available is any amount I can afford at least.

Post imported post

It's dry all over for ammo and reloading components. Couldn't find small rifle primers on my last trip to MT. Called Cliff's in Boise to see what they had - he'd sold THOUSANDS of dollars worth of primers in the last few weeks, and large lots to people who unashamedly told him they were going to re-sell them. War effort, fear of what Obama might do, and layoffs at factories (seems kind of counter-intuitive, though, given the demand, doesn't it?) are what I'm hearing has caused a run on small rifle primers in particular. All he had were Remington Bench Rest #7's for $32.50 / 1000 :shock:!!!

Ammo must be the same story.

Strange times.

Post imported post

I have never been to a Walmart where I haven't been able to find at least five 100rd boxes of Federal .223, and five boxes of the 200rd packs. It hasn't been as true lately, but I used to be able to get whatever I wanted at Sportsman's Warehouse. I would have a buddy check the shipping manifest, I would sit and stake out the supply truck for a few hours, and rush inside as soon as they start unloading. Got everything I wanted, everytime.

Post imported post

I'll tell you the real story. People are freaked out about our government. Will they severely restrict gun ownership? Will they destroy our economy?

These are significant issues that have a moderately high probability of happening. In the face of one or both of these things happening people are acting like boy scouts. Preparing for the worst.