• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ammo???? whats the real story

coyote1

imported post

So whats the real story with the ammo problom ??? is it really all being bought up ????? everyone is out with backorders .Idahocoarsair whats your input on this problom.

wrightme

imported post

I don't know about Idaho, but locally in Nevada, the walmart never gets much in. The gun shop down the street about 5 blocks always has a real good supply.

coyote1

imported post

here in Idaho falls ssssssportsmans has been like a store going out of buisness.cabelas is dry it sucks when you cant even get bricks of 22 ammom.

DCR

imported post

It's dry all over for ammo and reloading components. Couldn't find small rifle primers on my last trip to MT. Called Cliff's in Boise to see what they had - he'd sold THOUSANDS of dollars worth of primers in the last few weeks, and large lots to people who unashamedly told him they were going to re-sell them. War effort, fear of what Obama might do, and layoffs at factories (seems kind of counter-intuitive, though, given the demand, doesn't it?) are what I'm hearing has caused a run on small rifle primers in particular. All he had were Remington Bench Rest #7's for $32.50 / 1000 :shock:!!!

Ammo must be the same story.

Strange times.

BrianEMT

imported post

I have never been to a Walmart where I haven't been able to find at least five 100rd boxes of Federal .223, and five boxes of the 200rd packs. It hasn't been as true lately, but I used to be able to get whatever I wanted at Sportsman's Warehouse. I would have a buddy check the shipping manifest, I would sit and stake out the supply truck for a few hours, and rush inside as soon as they start unloading. Got everything I wanted, everytime. :dude:

4liberty

imported post

I'll tell you the real story. People are freaked out about our government. Will they severely restrict gun ownership? Will they destroy our economy?

These are significant issues that have a moderately high probability of happening. In the face of one or both of these things happening people are acting like boy scouts. Preparing for the worst.