• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

San Diego Open Carry Pictures

diesel556

Lone Star Veteran

Loneviking

imported post

You know, it really makes me smile to see these pictures. I was California born and raised, but finally fled because of the politics and gun laws. I honestly, never thought I would see pictures like these taken in a major city in California ever again. Kudos to all of you and I sure do wish you continued success. It sure is nice to see that a lot of 'youngsters' in their early 20's showed up and are part of the movement there. I'm beginning to think there might come a day when California will regain its' sanity and become the Golden State again.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Loneviking wrote:
...It sure is nice to see that a lot of 'youngsters' in their early 20's showed up and are part of the movement there...

Darn straight!

Hey, forget the pictures of you in a kilt - let's see your girlfriend! :D

Mykal

imported post

BB62 wrote:

She was using my 1911 for the 1st time. She got both neck arteries on a double tap.

GF_Muzzle_Flash.jpg

AND

She got the center bottle 2x only 1/2mm apart

GF_Bottles.jpg

and shes the one one the right

SDOC_Priceless.jpg

I think she was refering to credit outside this forum.

Tami Veldura

imported post

BB62 wrote:
Darn straight!

Ok, finally broke down and made an account here. A real picture of me: ren faire, weapon of choice = blue jingly scarf. rawr.

Fall_Ojai_08__42_by_tamiveldura.jpg

Hi folks, I'm Tami. Took all those 100+ images at the SDOC in Feb but I wasn't carrying myself. I wear that leather jacket everywhere and it covers anything I wear around my waist which = problem for OC.

Had a lot of fun, though! It was a great learning experiance for me even though I wasn't carrying. I got to watch all the police interactions without needing to come up with answers myself. me/ cheater. And it was a beautiful day for a walk on the beach.

Although, next time I vote for a sit-down location at the end of a walk!

EDIT: Oh, and feel free to spread those OC pictures around wherever you want as long as 'Tami Veldura' or a link to my DA page is shuttled along with them (tamiveldura.deviantart.com). Thanks :D

mastiff69

imported post

Did you notice the male & female officers about 50ft behind you in the background, of the pic of you all walking together ? what are the chances of that ?:what::lol:ps if you look behind those two officers there are at least 2-3 more, to the right& behind....

You all in Cali take care, my wife is from Orange county born and raised, was just there this last November, we drove 3000 miles 16 daysin cali and reno area:celebrateLots of fun, had to leave my H&K usp 40 at home :(

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Tami Veldura wrote:
BB62 wrote:
Darn straight!

Ok, finally broke down and made an account here. A real picture of me: ren faire, weapon of choice = blue jingly scarf. rawr...

...Had a lot of fun, though! It was a great learning experiance for me even though I wasn't carrying. I got to watch all the police interactions without needing to come up with answers myself. me/ cheater. And it was a beautiful day for a walk on the beach...

Hi Tami!

I'm bursting with happiness for what you guys did. PLEASE keep it up.

Oh, and btw, you're hot! :cool:

Tami Veldura

imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
mastiff69 wrote:
Did you notice the male & female officers about 50ft behind you in the background, of the pic of you all walking together ? what are the chances of that ?
Eh, pretty likely, since the PD were invited.
We had a lot of communication with SDPD in the month leading up to the event. We knew they would be there en force and they knew we would be there en mass. The woman of the two standing behind our group is Officer Zimmerman, she and her partner followed our group at a distance for the entire day (1.7 miles)

Oh, and btw, you're hot! :cool:
Thank you.

Decoligny

imported post

AyatollahGondola wrote:
I sure hope the guy in the kilt has underwear on

The proper attire to be worn under a kilt is shoes,socks and a sgian dubh (Scottish knife, worn tucked into the sock.

Nothing more, nothing less.

In CA you have to be careful that the sgain dubh is clearly visible so as to avoid the concealed dirk/dagger violation.

AyatollahGondola

imported post

Decoligny wrote:
AyatollahGondola wrote:
I sure hope the guy in the kilt has underwear on

The proper attire to be worn under a kilt is shoes,socks and a sgian dubh (Scottish knife, worn tucked into the sock.

Nothing more, nothing less.

In CA you have to be careful that the sgain dubh is clearly visible so as to avoid the concealed dirk/dagger violation.
And add to that, refrain from walking over reflective surfaces when you are in close proximity to children...and me for that matter:cool:

elsensei

imported post

poothrowingape wrote:
lol that would be a hillarious 911 call. "A guy in a kilt has a gun."

Um, That WAS a hilarious 911 call. I got false-arrested while OCing wearing substantially the same outfit.