Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: I want a non-resident license, what state would be the easiest.

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Southern, Mississippi, USA

    Post imported post

    The states I usually travel in other than my resident state of MS are AL, FL, LA, & TX. but usually once or twice a year, I find myself up in the northwest so that puts me travelling through OK, CO, NE, WY, MT, NM, UT & ID at times.

    What state has the easiest procedure for obtaining a non-residence CC permit that would work for most if not all of these states?

    Now, if I am on vacation, I will OC everywhere I can legally, but still would need a CC permit like when I travel through TX for instance.

  2. #2
    Campaign Veteran deepdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Southeast, Missouri, USA

    Post imported post

    Do you have a MS license? A resident MS license would allow you to carry in all states you listed except NV (I assume NE=NV) and NM. If you have a MS resident license, FL would probably be the easiest non-resident permit to obtain that would pick up NV and NM for you. Looks like it would also pick up ND, OH and PA for you.

    See to compare CC coverage. Be sure to note that several states only recognize resident permits.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts