• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I want a non-resident license, what state would be the easiest.

Mississippian

imported post

The states I usually travel in other than my resident state of MS are AL, FL, LA, & TX. but usually once or twice a year, I find myself up in the northwest so that puts me travelling through OK, CO, NE, WY, MT, NM, UT & ID at times.

What state has the easiest procedure for obtaining a non-residence CC permit that would work for most if not all of these states?

Now, if I am on vacation, I will OC everywhere I can legally, but still would need a CC permit like when I travel through TX for instance.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Do you have a MS license? A resident MS license would allow you to carry in all states you listed except NV (I assume NE=NV) and NM. If you have a MS resident license, FL would probably be the easiest non-resident permit to obtain that would pick up NV and NM for you. Looks like it would also pick up ND, OH and PA for you.

See handgunlaw.us to compare CC coverage. Be sure to note that several states only recognize resident permits.