• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Some quick Questions

BobR

imported post

I am zipping over the CDA today.

My WA concealed permit is good there, open carry is good there.

The question is, is there a point where it has to be one or the other? Here in WA, it doesn't matter if you are fully concealed, partially concealed or fully open, as long as you have a CC permit. Is it the same in ID?

Anywhere other than courthouses off limits for guns in ID. I don't plan on being anywhere but retail businesses today. Iwill be OC/CC depending on whether or not my coat is on or unzipped.

Anything else I NEED to know before going over?

thanks

bob

Vandal

imported post

CDA is pretty good about CC and OC. I have OCd around there for about a year now with no issues to date. I have walked by the CDA PD OCing and they didnt look twice. You should be ok, but there may be a few retailers who get jumpy around OCd guns.

Avoid K-12 schools, courthouses and "secure locations" and you should be good to go.

For lunch go hit up Hudson's on Sherman Ave. in downtown for lunch. Great burgers and a fantastic staff. There is a reason they have been open for over 100 years.

BobR

imported post

Thanks for the quick reply.

I figured it was the same as WA, but wanted to double check. I should know by now, but I don't get over there very much anymore.

bob