• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OPINION: Not banning assault rifles is "such a blatant disregard for human life"

david.ross

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Please tell me you're joking. As realistic as I try to be about peoples' stupidity, I find it hard to believe anyone is really that dumb.

EDIT:

Oh wait, you're the anime guy. In that case I have no problem believing that the people you E-associate with are that stupid.
I don't associate myself with those people, the ones who say it mostly british, and I simply tell them to piss off I don't befriend with defenseless sheep who want to be slaughtered.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Sadly, Sir, I witnessed on September 13 2003 in Market Square of the City of Alexandria the fatal beating of a 16-year-old white male student by two others his own age and race. The boy was MUCH bigger than his attackers and could have EASILY knocked them both outta their goddamn sneakers with one punch but instead just warded off the blows from the one until the other came up from behind and delivered the death blow.

Sadly, sir, when interviewed in the news, the boy's greiving mother said she was "proud" that her son chose NOT to fight back.

Sadly, sir, this kind of reasoning is all to common around here. Some people, I suppose, prefer to weep for the dead and submit to the evil, for whatever reason, and call that "respect for human life":(

Deanimator

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
Sadly, Sir, I witnessed on September 13 2003 in Market Square of the City of Alexandria the fatal beating of a 16-year-old white male student by two others his own age and race. The boy was MUCH bigger than his attackers and could have EASILY knocked them both outta their goddamn sneakers with one punch but instead just warded off the blows from the one until the other came up from behind and delivered the death blow.

Sadly, sir, when interviewed in the news, the boy's greiving mother said she was "proud" that her son chose NOT to fight back.

Sadly, sir, this kind of reasoning is all to common around here. Some people, I suppose, prefer to weep for the dead and submit to the evil, for whatever reason, and call that "respect for human life":(
That brings to mind the scene in one of the "Addams Family" movies where Wednesday and one of her friends decide to play the "murder victim" game. A similarly clueless girl cheerily declares, "I'll be the victim!" Wednesday sardonically replies, "You'll always be the victim..."

During my brief law school experience, I encountered a young male (not quite a "man") who espoused similar beliefs, in particular a pathetic "idea" that non-violent resistance would ALWAYS prevail. Having years previously hammered out a canned response with a fellow Army officer, I invited him to participate in a thought experiment. He was him, and I was Josef Stalin. We began, and as SOON as he said something, I just pointed a finger at his head and said, "BANG!" I just kept doing it until I wouldn't even let him complete a syllable. He eventually managed to blurt out, "You can't kill all of us!" I just smiled a little Stalinesque smile and replied, "Yes, I can... and I won't even have to do it myself. I'll just take the families of the police into protective custody, to protect them from you <wink, wink>. I guarantee you, they'll kill you as fast as they can find you, and very quickly, you'll have exhausted the supply of people willing to passively die for your quixotic values. They'll either start killing the police... or start helping the police kill you. I'm betting on the latter."

Chingiz Khan and Robert E. Howard were wrong. The greatest happiness lies in the wailing and lamentations of ninnies and pollyannas after you've crushed their childish illusions about life.