Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Group Activities in Tri-Cities?

Post imported post

I recently moved into the Tri-Cities. I've been peeking in on the forum fora long time now and this is my first post. Is there any activities planned in the near future for my area? I would love to do a lunch-in or something. We need to make sure the police in this area are up to speed on our growing group and the laws that protect our interests.

Post imported post

I'm in Sunnyside, if that's close enough.

Post imported post

I don't know about activities, per se, but I'm always up for grabbing some lunch.

In my limited experiences with the police in the Tri-Cities, I've never had a cop give me a second look while OC.

Post imported post

This may be an overgeneralization, but with a few exceptions (Ellensburg) I wouldn't expect much trouble with the police for OCing east of the mountains.

Post imported post

live in Toppenish, work in Sunnyside.

Would be willing to make a weekend trip for a picknick or barbecue type gathering

Post imported post

Finally! Didn't think there was anyone from the Valley here.

Post imported post

I might be up for a lunch.

Post imported post

Mmm, food. I'm in.

Post imported post

I got a membership for an outdoor range in Prosser, and I can bring guests, for free of course. (LEO have priority use Mon-Wed)

Post imported post

If anyone is interested in PR I believe there is a local farm where the owner lets people shoot but folks have left a mess behind. I saw it on a online news story but bugger if I can find it now. We could go meet and do a cleanup. I even know a newscaster who might cover it.

Anyone's Google-fu better then mine?

I *think* it was B&B ranch/farm

Post imported post

Tekman wrote:
    If anyone is interested in PR I believe there is a local farm where the owner lets people shoot but folks have left a mess behind. I saw it on a online news story but bugger if I can find it now. We could go meet and do a cleanup. I even know a newscaster who might cover it.

Anyone's Google-fu better then mine?

I *think* it was B&B ranch/farm
    You probably saw your fellow OCDO'ers Dave the Welder, steelcoreap, and myself (in the background on one shot) in the story referenced here back in mid-June: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=12015

B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

That'd be the one. Cleanup anyone?

Post imported post

Well, if we coordinate it with Dave, we could probably make it part of the 2009 Summer Shootout he holds. We could also probably get the journalist that filmed us to come out and either do the story or participate (or both, like last time)... and, of course, having cute girls shoot guns is always a bonus.

And as for making it look really good, that just ain't gunna happen. I'm not sure you realize how immense that area is. Take a look at the pictures and videos of the range I took when out there: http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c2.../Shootout2008/ and realize that that's only one of a couple/few areas that are littered with stuff.

steelcoreap (seen in the photos there and shooting alongside Dave in the news video) laser-rangefinder'd a 3'x3' white piece of something halfway up that hill from where we were and it came in as 432 yards. That large dark thing halfway between the firing line and the hill in the third picture is an overturned car; a caddy or similar, if I remember correctly.

Also, there's A LOT of broken glass out there with the shotgun shells, brass cases, steel cases, and random junk. I know, I had my camo BDU pants ruined by sitting on some and having a large tear in the backside of them.

edit: typo.

2nd edit: Forgot to mention, at the end of the last day of our 2008 Summer Shootout, we went through the areas we shot and picked up all the brass cases we could find, since Dave and steelcoreap reload and we felt it was the responsible thing to do. We packed out at least 50% more brass than we shot, even though we didn't find all the brass we shot.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

Yeah I'm familiar with the area. In fact I live about 5 miles away. Best we can do is one area at a time.

Post imported post

Tekman wrote:
    Yeah I'm familiar with the area. In fact I live about 5 miles away. Best we can do is one area at a time.
    Yup. The only way that car is getting out of there is to either get a flatbed (expensive) or a torch and take it out in parts. I also forgot to mention the many tires out there. *chuckle*

Honestly, if we took all the brass, steel and rubber to a recycling/scrap-metal plant, we could probably make quite a pretty penny.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

Pacific Salvage is in fact on the road (397) headed out that way. Hell I turned in some trashed aluminum doors and got $40.

Post imported post

Hmmmm my wife's cousins own a towing business, I *might* be able to talk em into taking the car.

Post imported post

That'd be the one. Cleanup anyone?
    Let me know when it's gonna happen, I *might* be able to make it.

Post imported post

Glad to see more OCers in the Tri-Cities. I'll be down next week on spring break. We should plan an OC lunch for all the new members.

Post imported post

Anyone have a resturant preference?

Post imported post

Tekman wrote:
    Anyone have a resturant preference?
    We normally do Chico's Tacos by the mall. Lots of lunch traffic and a salsa bar that we have to walk over to makes for a great OC place.

Post imported post

Lets set a date for lunch and we can talk about the possibility of a cleanup. I'm open basically any weekend.

Post imported post

I can do lunch pretty much any day of the week.

Post imported post

I'm going to call it as this Saturday, March 14th, at Chico's Tacos in Kennewick. Let's start the RSVP.

Post imported post

It would be way cool if some of you guys could make our Seatac meet....on the 28th.Then we could plan a big meet on that side as well.There is a Best Western directly across from Willow Lkes where we are having the meet.Having it here because of last months shooting behind my bedroom window.Some of you may have seen the posts on it.I have a small place but a couple could camp in my living room.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast