• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Federal Way Sportsmans Warehouse

jbone

imported post

After a MED appt last Thursday early afternoon in Federal Way I saw a Sportsman Warehouse corner of Pacific or 16th Ave (I forget).I told the wife let me make a quick stop before we get back on I-5 heading north. Looking for AMMO, no luck. I thanapproached the counter and heard a woman ask about OC, the sales kid say yes OC is legal in WA,he gives the lady this answer; you see how I have the gun in holster (simulation as he holds a gun to his side) facing the woman that’s OC, than turns sideways and says this is when it becomes CC because now you can't see it! OMG!

Strapped for time I didn’t get a chance to tell the manager, and didn’t want to embarrass the kid in front of his customer, she was purchasing.

I just now had the time to post, busy as crap with all these VA appt’s readying for retirement.

If any one lives in the area please stop in and give the kid a flyer and explain OC to him. Should I send the store an email?

compmanio365

imported post

I've given that store 3 chances, every time I've been ignored when I needed help and they've never had anything I was looking for in stock. I'll never go back at this point, they've lost a customer for life.

jbone

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
I've given that store 3 chances, every time I've been ignored when I needed help and they've never had anything I was looking for in stock. I'll never go back at this point, they've lost a customer for life.
I didn’t touch on that, but I also stood there for about ten minutes, no service. Maybe because they were both clerks were assisting customers filling out purchase paperwork? I never get anything but great service at the Burlington Store. The young sales kid does need education and still hope an OCer in the area can stop in and give him a flyer.

G27

imported post

I'm pretty much done with Sportsman's as well. My friend bought a shotgun and an XD the other day and I can't tell you the number of times where the sales associate not only swept me, but at times had the gun pointing at me.

I'm sorry, I've always been taught guns are always loaded and I get really irked out when someone points a gun at me that I have not physically checked to make sure is unloaded, and even at that you still dont point firearms at people! It's just damn rude. I'll never buy from there again based solely on that.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

The Lacey Sportsman's Warehouse refused to sell me a rifle because the my slip number at the marina wasn't on my ID... Found out later it was "corporate policy" but at the time, the jerk behind the counter tried to tell me it was a federal and state law, and oh by the way, my CPL was invalid too because when the marina changed the numbering scheme, my slip number changed, thus leaving me with an "incorrect address" on my CPL.

Morons. I went to Cascade Arms, spent all my toy money and had brownies. Works for me.

amlevin

imported post

jbone wrote:
If any one lives in the area please stop in and give the kid a flyer and explain OC to him. Should I send the store an email?

It will just be like trying to teach a pig to sing. A lot of time and effort will be wasted as it will just irritate the pig.

At least he got it half right, that OC is legal.