• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Move in Assembly to expand 626.9

SOneThreeCoupe

imported post

fighting_for_freedom wrote:
What if, instead of trying to play the governments unconstitutional games, and circumventing school zones, or maybe even trying to make school zones smaller, we all just gave them a big middle finger and excercised our CONSTITUTIONAL rights and carried locked and loaded right through the damn middle of the 'school zone'.

I do believe the 2nd Amendment does say 'the right to keep and bear arms, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED." That means that there shall be no laws restricting or pertaining to, in any way, the right to keep and carry weapons. No unloaded laws, no concealed carry permits, no waiting period to buy guns, no school zones, no 'detentions', none of this bull****. None of it.

I don't give a damn whether or not people feel safer when law abiding citizens with guns are a certain distance from a freaking school. I don't give a damn if it makes sense to have certain restrictions on weapons, like full-autos and 'assault weapons'. If the Constitution says "shall not be infringed", then by God and all that is holy, THAT'S WHAT IT MEANS!

If I have to 'illegally' carry my weapons, own weapons, and excercise my rights in order to reform this country, then by God I will. I am not advocating anyone break any laws. I am saying enough is enough. We haven't broken any laws by owning our weapons and carrying them in school zones. We haven't broken any laws by carrying our guns loaded. We haven't broken any laws by owning automatic firearms. We have only done what is lawful. What is illegal are the laws on the books telling us what we can and can not do with our firearms. And the only people breaking the law are the lawmakers trying to pass legislation to deny us our natural freedoms.

If I have to break these so called 'laws' in order to be free, then so be it. I will not be denied my rights.

Give me liberty, or give me death.
I feel the same way, but the government can and will destroy your life for exercising your freedom and hurting NO ONE. It can take years from you and put you behind metal bars, because it is bigger and stronger than you. It doesn't matter if you haven't hurt anyone or you won't hurt anyone, the mere fact that it's against the law is enough to justify destroying your life.

There is no justice in the justice system. They continue to perpetuate the idea that possession equals intent.

The government has the power to end you or to just take your liberty and lock you in a cell with no freedom to move freely.

This is the leviathan we face, a heartless, spineless, stupid beast with a penal code as its bible.

We must all face it together, and we must all stand firm. Let the state attempt to arrest 10,000 people, let it attempt to arrest 100,000 people, and watch its prisons crumble under our weight.

fighting_for_freedom

imported post

SOneThreeCoupe wrote:
We must all face it together, and we must all stand firm. Let the state attempt to arrest 10,000 people, let it attempt to arrest 100,000 people, and watch its prisons crumble under our weight.

Organize those 10,000/100,000 people, name a time and a place, and I'll stand at the front with you.

This country was formed by an armed rebellion. Would it be wrong to reform it the same way? Sadly, it may be our only option. Petitions and lobbying hasn't worked.

We need to set the record straight once and for all, and for the entire country. The federal government has violated the Constitution by creating gun laws. The states have broken their contract with the federal government (that contract being the Constitution) by creating gun laws. So, legally, we are no longer a nation. We are a bunch of individual states. The Constitution put down the rules that the feds have to play by. The states, by joining the US, had to agree to that same contract.

That contract has been broken, violated, and sodomized beyond recognition. We must right the wrong, or be slaves to an invalid government that no longer recognizes the highest law.

Anyone feel the way I do?

cato

imported post

John Browndid havehis place in history (and a date with a noose). I just don't think the country (or even a decently sized minority ofLiberty activists)has progressed to the place in which you seem to have arrived.

Many peaceful avenues (decades of work) must still be exhausted. Heller certainly brought many back from the brink. What Gura did was nothing less thengive the Republic another chance.

byoleg volk:

fighting_for_freedom

imported post

cato wrote:

John Browndid havehis place in history (and a date with a noose). I just don't think the country (or even a decently sized minority ofLiberty activists)has progressed to the place in which you seem to have arrived.

Many peaceful avenues (decades of work) must still be exhausted. Heller certainly brought many back from the brink. What Gura did was nothing less thengive the Republic another chance.

John Brown also staged a violent uprising. What if enough of us got together in the same place and committed a blatant act of civil disobedience? What would happen then, I wonder? Would we all be jailed? Would they change the law? Would they even take notice? I wonder.

I want my freedom.

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I fear that no matter how just the cause there are not enough people in America with the courage and strength of character to stand and effect change.

The government and other powers that be have done a great job of distracting us away from having the fortitude to stand and instead make us slaves to our lives, too busy to take notice or the time to incite change.

elsensei

imported post

John Brown also staged a violent uprising. What if enough of us got together in the same place and committed a blatant act of civil disobedience? What would happen then, I wonder? Would we all be jailed? Would they change the law? Would they even take notice? I wonder.

I want my freedom.
I'll tell you what would happen. Agents of the state would show up and either arrest everyone or order people to disperse. If they did not, here come the beanbag rounds, the fire hoses, the teargas and pepper spray. If protestors resisted with violence (as i see it, their right) then the metal rounds would come out. Either way it would be a mess.

Remember the guy who put together that website, assassination politics? Well, the state shut him down in a HURRY. It appeared that they figured his idea was totally workable, hence, it had to be shut down. Seeing as how most americans are apathetic slobs who really don't give a **** about freedom one way or another, I'll bet that we will continue along the path of tyranny until some motivated lunatic somewhere gets sick of it, takes matters into his own hands and commits some extemely targeted murders.

I just wonder how many people will be inspired to act by that example.

fighting_for_freedom

imported post

Unfortunately, this is what we have come down to. The threat of tear gas and beanbag guns for excercising our lawful rights. And we do have to admit it, we're all just a bunch of pansies. Myself included. We don't want the pain, humiliation, and suffering, so we will rather quietly sit back and watch our rights disappear.

Oh Mr. Washington, Mr. Jefferson, and Mr. Henry, I am sorry. I have let you down, and allowed your diligent work to go to waste. I am not the man that you were.

I've got an idea: Why don't we give our Constitution to Iraq? I know they're needing one. Our's was written by brilliant men, lasted us over 200 years, and we don't use it anymore.