• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Liberty University to stay gun free

paramedic70002

imported post

kenny wrote:
“The feeling was that, unlike most private-property owners, we have our own police force. So the decision was made, since crime has not really been a problem at LU, not to make any changes to the policy at this time.”
Because that works so well in preventing crime outside the University grounds.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

paramedic70002 wrote:
kenny wrote:
“The feeling was that, unlike most private-property owners, we have our own police force. So the decision was made, since crime has not really been a problem at LU, not to make any changes to the policy at this time.”
How do the students go about checking out a policeman - is there a waiting list?

Yata hey

Squid13

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
paramedic70002 wrote:
kenny wrote:
How do the students go about checking out a policeman - is there a waiting list?

Yata hey
Waiting list and a background check, as well as a $200 fee to the BATF. :lol:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Squid13 wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
paramedic70002 wrote:
kenny wrote:

Yata hey
Waiting list and a background check, as well as a $200 fee to the BATF. :lol:

Overpriced. I've only met a very few cops worth that.

(Great question, Grapeshot! :D)

essayons

imported post

Received an update on this issue via facebook...

The board does not meet to reconsider this issue until November. In that time SCCC - Liberty University will be focusing on creating a comprehensive and professional presentation for the eyes of the board. They will also be circulating petitions and otherwise raising support for this issue.

This thing is not dead, and if Liberty sheds it's easy-victim zone status it will create a great precedent for other universities both public and private.

I will post updates on where to show your support when I recieve the info.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

essayons wrote:
Received an update on this issue via facebook...

The board does not meet to reconsider this issue until November. In that time SCCC - Liberty University will be focusing on creating a comprehensive and professional presentation for the eyes of the board. They will also be circulating petitions and otherwise raising support for this issue.

This thing is not dead, and if Liberty sheds it's easy-victim zone status it will create a great precedent for other universities both public and private.

I will post updates on where to show your support when I recieve the info.
A lot will depend, indeed maybe everything, on who gathers the information and does the presentation. Any predisposition will surely be reflected. I would prefer John Lott over Col. Massengill any day of the week.

Yata hey