• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Worker Protection Bill Thursday March 5th.

Crossfire Jedi

imported post

[align=center]House Bill 2474, sponsored by State Representatives John Kavanagh (R-8) and Frank Antenori (R-30), will be heard in the House Judiciary Committee on Thursday, March 5.

HB 2474 would protect your right to lawfully transport and store firearms in your privately-owned locked motor vehiclewhile parked in publicly accessible parking lots controlled by your employer or a business you frequent.

Please contact themembers of the House Judiciary Committee TODAY and respectfully urge them to support your right to protect yourself while traveling to and from work by voting for HB 2474. Contact information can be found below.

State Representative Cecil Ash (R-18) - Vice Chairman
(602) 926-3160
cash@azleg.gov

State Representative Nancy Barto (R-7)
(602) 926-5766
nbarto@azleg.gov

State Representative Adam Driggs (R-11) - Chairman
(602) 926-3016
adriggs@azleg.gov

State Representative Bill Konopnicki (R-5)
(602) 926-5409
bkonopnicki@azleg.gov

State Representative Ben Miranda (D-16)
(602) 926-4893
bmiranda@azleg.gov

State Representative Steve Montenegro (R-12)
(602) 926-5955
smontenegro@azleg.gov

State Representative Kyrsten Sinema (D-15)
(602) 926-5058
ksinema@azleg.gov

State Representative Anna Tovar (D-13)
(602) 926-3392
atovar@azleg.gov[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]
[/align]

dreamcro

Campaign Veteran
imported post

For the vote today, we got 6 yea and 2 nay.
Representative Kyrsten Sinema (D-15) and Representative Anna Tovar (D-13) where the sticks in the mud. I have emailed them expressing my dismay that they did not support this bill, also encouraged them to support future 2nd Amendment measures.

GWbiker

imported post

dreamcro wrote:
For the vote today, we got 6 yea and 2 nay.
Representative Kyrsten Sinema (D-15) and Representative Anna Tovar (D-13) where the sticks in the mud. I have emailed them expressing my dismay that they did not support this bill, also encouraged them to support future 2nd Amendment measures.
Kyrsten and Anna, eh? Probably both women have the same mind set as "Nanny Nappy".:banghead:

dreamcro

Campaign Veteran
imported post

That bill is to be an addition of a couple paragraphs, to the state statutes already on the books. I guess its off to the Senate Judiciary Committee. for final approval? Then to be OK'ed by Gov. Jan?

Notso

Campaign Veteran
imported post

After listening to the archive of the committee passing this bill on, I found it very humorous listening to Ms. Sinema's explanation of why she would vote no.

She brought up the 2 examples of employees previously bringing guns into the work place and shooting innocent employees. Doesn't she realize that this happened with the existing law that allows employers to deny employees from keeping guns in their cars? Doesn't she realize that this ban did no good anyway, that the criminal did not care that it was against policy and did it anyway?Does she not have any capability of logical thinking?Sheesh....

http://azleg.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=13&clip_id=4909

In case you want to view/listen to the committee discussion.