• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Boycott Get Some Guns and Ammo

teleknees

imported post

bought my gun there. it was ok, i mean, what do you expect from guys who took their hobby and made it into their job. everytime i go to check out stuff i can tell they hate to help.

some of those guys should work somewhere else. IMHO if your not happy in your job and treating customers crappy, it must get old after a while. im not saying you have to give me a back massage when i come in but....the rolling of the eyes is getting old. :banghead:

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

packingmama wrote:
Just thought I would post this over here for those who are unaware of UCC.com's boycott list.

http://www.utahconcealedcarry.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4814

I know I won't be taking my business to Get Some anytime soon and neither will many others I know. Just from what I have heard about FBMG's new range, I can't wait to go try it out.
Sorry, but not boycott material in my opinion.

Given the complex law and ever more liability for selling guns, I can't fault a store for taking extra care in who they sell to. And while self defense is a universal human right, US Federal law RIGHTLY restricts purchase of firearms when non-citizens within the US are involved.

Lawsuits such as the one currently underway against the guy/business who made a minor technical mistake in selling a pistol grip shotgun to the non-citizen Trolley Square murderer have only heightened concerns among gun dealers. That may have something to do with the change in policy since you bought a gun 5 years ago.

And I'm not sure the permit to carry issued by Utah BCI is a guarantee that the holder is legally allowed to purchase a gun in the USA.

And even if it were, in this litigious society, we are often faced with unbendable policies so that businesses cannot be so easily sued for "discrimination."

Without knowing your nation of citizenship, I dare say it is STILL easier for you buy, own, and carry a gun as a non-citizen-permanent-resident dealing with a few overly cautious private business policies here, than it would be for you in your land of nativity.

I think a private chat with the owner, with a copy of relevant federal law in hand, or simply choosing to take your business to a different dealer is the right approach here, rather than a call for a boycott.

Flame away.

Charles

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

I understand that as a private business, they reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.

It is becausethey act like dickheads nearly everytime I ask them a question,"Get Some" of my money, they will not.

Choosing to discriminate against permanent residents is just icing on the cashless cake.

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
I understand that as a private business, they reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.

It is becausethey act like dickheads nearly everytime I ask them a question,"Get Some" of my money, they will not.

Choosing to discriminate against permanent residents is just icing on the cashless cake.
Poor customer service is ALWAYS a valid reason to take business elsewhere.

b1ack5mith

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:

damit i miss hearing kevins awesome remarks like this!

mmmmm cakkkkeee (homer simpson voice)

Bennelli

imported post

What Gun Store does not have condecending employees there? Maybe only Barlows, go to Dougs and you are lucky to talk to an employee especially on Saturdays.

Gun store Owners learn to deal with new gunnies like myself, we might buy a gun locally, then shop the internet for all the other gun related items.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

I have made some purchases at Barlows, and they are pretty good guys.

One guy, however, seemed like he wanted to be an ass, but was holding back.

Maybe he was having a bad day! Everyone, give Barlows some business, so they can get a bigger store!

Also, they are the only store in Utah that sells law enforcement/military priced Glocks!

usSiR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Bennelli wrote:
What Gun Store does not have condecending employees there? Maybe only Barlows, go to Dougs and you are lucky to talk to an employee especially on Saturdays.

Gun store Owners learn to deal with new gunnies like myself, we might buy a gun locally, then shop the internet for all the other gun related items.

What really gets them is when you have a gun shipped from some where else, and then they ask why you didnt buy the same thingfrom then. I did that to impact, and told them it was still cheaper to pay shipping and the FFL transfer fee compared to their price plus tax. Then he said "well we could have worked something out" and my response was "well otherwise you wouldnt settle for anything but your posted price".

It got me a nice glare back :lol:

But your right, almost everything else is cheaper online.

yo101jimmy

imported post

Well I am glad to hear I will wait or order my ammo they was the only place I could find ammo for my Rifle but well gun shows are a great time too. I never have been to FBMG what is the address there????

Also I know some members like this place but I always get treated like crap at Van Wagnons in Orem.
But thats me!