Thread: Police Scanner Website

Post imported post

I thought I would make everyone aware of this website scanamerica.us, they have live police scanners online for a lot of the cities of most of the states (and also fire/ems).

It's obviously fun to listen to the radio calls but a lot of the audio is also archived so perhaps in addition to getting an FOIA thing started someone (and us) can perhaps listen to any relevant radio traffic.

Not every single department is listed and some channels have multiple depts on them so the specific audio for an incident may not even be available online, or the audio may be jumbled (trying to figure out what's relevant and what's not during a particular timeframe).

I've been listening for about a year or so. I have yet to hear any MWAG guns, though....so I guess no one around Colo Spgs cares about OCers :celebrate
    One day your life is going to flash before your eyes, make it worth watching.

Post imported post

I use a amateur radio set to listen to various city departments since I'm a licensed HAM. :P

One problem with some cities they're moving over to encryption, and no there is no legal requirement to release keys so you can listen. My local city department encrypts their air waves, the excuse was a solution to a problem which didn't exist, "incident chasers."
    Gays are prominent members of firearm rights, we do more via the courts, don't like it? Leave.
    Religious bigots against same sex marriage are not different than white supremacists.
    I expel anti-gay people off my teams. Tolerance is key to team cohesion and team building.

Post imported post

Tacoma, and now the county are switching over to the trunked 800 MHz system, and much of it is encrypted. So you keep having to buy more and more expensive equipment just to listen to the police frequencies, and sometimes even then you can't hear anything interesting, cause they encrypt it. I wanted to get a police scanner, but when I was told how much it was going to cost to get one that would work around here, I figureI would rather spend the money towards another gun.

Post imported post

Your link is bad. Should be www.scanamerica.us .

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

Yeah I caught that right after I posted....but somehow my edit started a whole other post...so thanks for fixing that here.

Post imported post

Yeah I caught that right after I posted....but somehow my edit started a whole other post...so thanks for fixing that here.