• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police Scanner Website

PikesPeakMtnMan

imported post

I thought I would make everyone aware of this website scanamerica.us, they have live police scanners online for a lot of the cities of most of the states (and also fire/ems).

It's obviously fun to listen to the radio calls but a lot of the audio is also archived so perhaps in addition to getting an FOIA thing started someone (and us) can perhaps listen to any relevant radio traffic.

Not every single department is listed and some channels have multiple depts on them so the specific audio for an incident may not even be available online, or the audio may be jumbled (trying to figure out what's relevant and what's not during a particular timeframe).

I've been listening for about a year or so. I have yet to hear any MWAG guns, though....so I guess no one around Colo Spgs cares about OCers :celebrate

since9

Campaign Veteran
imported post

PikesPeakMtnMan wrote:
I thought I would make everyone aware of this website scanamerica.us, they have live police scanners online for a lot of the cities of most of the states (and also fire/ems).

It's obviously fun to listen to the radio calls but a lot of the audio is also archived so perhaps in addition to getting an FOIA thing started someone (and us) can perhaps listen to any relevant radio traffic.

Not every single department is listed and some channels have multiple depts on them so the specific audio for an incident may not even be available online, or the audio may be jumbled (trying to figure out what's relevant and what's not during a particular timeframe).

I've been listening for about a year or so. I have yet to hear any MWAG guns, though....so I guess no one around Colo Spgs cares about OCers :celebrate

Pretty cool, if it works! My dad was a ham operator, and I've had friends who owned police scanners. We'd sometimes play cards and side-bet on whether or not the perp would be nabbed before we were done.

I heard two transmission in the last twenty minutes - that can't be all that's going on in a population of 225,000??? !!!

Where's the rest of the chatter?

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Ah, yes, RadioReference, be careful on the forums there, I know from experience, as a ham radio operator, the world of radio has far crazier people in than the world of guns. :)

ScanAmerica and RadioReference are great sites indeed, I am a paying member of Radio Reference.

For anyone that has a Blackberry, you can get a very cheap program ($5) that listens to a lot of the streams on RadioReference (and perhaps some other sites?) on your blackberry. It works extremely well: www.bbscanner.com

Also, if you want a scanner, www.scannermaster.com is a great place to at least start your research. I believe everyone should have something that can tune into radio waves. It is a matter of knowing whats going on in your world and may help to save your life.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
WTF.........milwaukee WI doesn't have any police scanners up???
I was going to say that all of the scanner-content providers got sick drinking Milwaukee's Best and fell ontop of their scanners, breaking them. But I decided to leave it alone... :)

Milwaukee, WI Metro radio traffic:
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?mid=47

scorpio_vette

imported post

tekshogun wrote:
scorpio_vette wrote:
WTF.........milwaukee WI doesn't have any police scanners up???
I was going to say that all of the scanner-content providers got sick drinking Milwaukee's Best and fell ontop of their scanners, breaking them.   But I decided to leave it alone... :)

Milwaukee, WI Metro radio traffic:
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?mid=47

i saw those. but there is still no police for milwaukee itself. i'd love to hear what's actually happening within 10miles or so of my place, not 1/2hour and further away. LOL

protias

imported post

I just have my scanners programmed for the areas I'm in or traveling to. It is usually pretty boring, but every once in a while....

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Green Bay \ Ashwabenon Police

154.740 < Brown County Sheriffs Dept

154.040 < brown county EMS