Thread: The passing fo Larry H. Miller

Post imported post

So I was reading The Trib today ( ) and decided to read about Larry Miller's funeral.

Two things caught my attention, and I threw up in my mouth a little.

The Lib Trib wrote:
    Times may be lean, but police departments from across the Wasatch Front dipped into their budgets and assigned on-duty patrol officers to pay respects last week to a man known as a "friend to law enforcement."

More than 80 motorcycle officers from several agencies and at least 16 officers from the Department of Public Safety's honor guard participated in Utah business giant Larry H. Miller's funeral and procession from Energy Solutions Arena to the Salt Lake City Cemetery.
    The Lib Trib wrote:
    Miller was buried in the Salt Lake City cemetery with a 21-gun salute.
    For somebody who did not like weapons, there sure were a lot of them around!
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." Robert A. Heinlein

Post imported post

hmm. guess he was another one of those hipocrats.
    (yes i spelled that wrong on purpose)

Post imported post

I say good riddance to the guy. If he hadn't eaten junk food and greasy fried crap out every night and wined and dined his way with clients and stuff, he would not have developed type II diabetes in the first place. He could have exercised and dieted his way back to good health. He had enough money to practically replace all of his vital organs with new ones. lol

I also hated his weapons policies in his establishments. I, too, am sickened that he got a gun salute and police support upon his passing. Only rich politically involved folks receive that kind of recognition.

If it isn't broke, then don't fix it, or you'll fix it until it's broke.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

LovesHisXD45 wrote:
    SNIP I also hated his weapons policies in his establishments. I, too, am sickened that he got a gun salute and police support upon his passing. Only rich politically involved folks receive that kind of recognition.
    I was invited to the funeral. I sent a nice note saying that although I would not be able to attend, I did approve of it.

(Note: Swiped from Mark Twain)

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.