• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The passing fo Larry H. Miller

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

So I was reading The Trib today ( :banghead: ) and decided to read about Larry Miller's funeral.

Two things caught my attention, and I threw up in my mouth a little.

The Lib Trib wrote:
Times may be lean, but police departments from across the Wasatch Front dipped into their budgets and assigned on-duty patrol officers to pay respects last week to a man known as a "friend to law enforcement."

More than 80 motorcycle officers from several agencies and at least 16 officers from the Department of Public Safety's honor guard participated in Utah business giant Larry H. Miller's funeral and procession from Energy Solutions Arena to the Salt Lake City Cemetery.
The Lib Trib wrote:
Miller was buried in the Salt Lake City cemetery with a 21-gun salute.
For somebody who did not like weapons, there sure were a lot of them around!

LovesHisXD45

imported post

I say good riddance to the guy. If he hadn't eaten junk food and greasy fried crap out every night and wined and dined his way with clients and stuff, he would not have developed type II diabetes in the first place. He could have exercised and dieted his way back to good health. He had enough money to practically replace all of his vital organs with new ones. lol

I also hated his weapons policies in his establishments. I, too, am sickened that he got a gun salute and police support upon his passing. Only rich politically involved folks receive that kind of recognition.

:cuss:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

LovesHisXD45 wrote:
SNIP I also hated his weapons policies in his establishments. I, too, am sickened that he got a gun salute and police support upon his passing. Only rich politically involved folks receive that kind of recognition.

I was invited to the funeral. I sent a nice note saying that although I would not be able to attend, I did approve of it.

:)

(Note: Swiped from Mark Twain)