• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2A Photograph

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

I picked up a camera (for the wife, heh) last October and started messing around with photography which quickly got me into lighting. So, I setup some homemade lights to try and do some interesting projects with regards to lighting and shadows and wound up taking this last night... it's by far one of my favorite pictures, although it still got a little processing love.

I know a few people here have a background in art or photography and I'd love any feedback.

http://flickr.com/photos/rhwiii/3326638139/

EDIT: I'm trying to get that image on Flickr's Explore page, which is often rare for a 2A/gun related picture. Anyone with Flickr accounts who can comment/favorite the image, it would be greatly appreciated.

carracer

imported post

Make it a 13x19, matte it and enter it in the photopraphy section of your local or state fair. It is a sure Blue ribbon winner in my opinion!

buster81

imported post

Nicely done. If I were to change anything, It would be to adjust the back lighting a bit.Your hair highlights are blown out.I would try a filter to dim it down a touch, andbring up the rest of the lighting a notch.

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

Thanks, Buster... I'd definitely tone down the rim light a bit -- I was running between camera and pose to beat the timer, but I definitely like the shadows. Appreciate the feedback, I'll adjust for the future!

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Nice shot, Wynder. Might play around with different tenting for various effects.

The only thing I would have done different would have been to try putting the backlight above and behind the backdrop, aimed down on the subject, and reduce the power of the lights and use snoots aimed at the pistol from a higher angle.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

I humbly beseech thee that I shall always have but never need.

Yata hey