Thread: Demonizing big bore handguns

Post imported post

Post imported post

Excellant article.

Post imported post

any gun rights activist will note that the Second Amendment is not about duck hunting, and that “It’s the Bill of Rights, not the Bill of Needs.”

Good line. I'll have to remember that.

Post imported post

CrossFire wrote:
    Excellant article.

Absolutely +10

I'll defintely pass this around

Also this quote from the other article written by a LEO is great,

Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Deputy Dwight Van Horn is the firearms examiner for South-Central L.A., the most gang-ridden spot in the United States. "I deal with firearms-identification experts at departments all over the country," he says, "and I can tell you that the claim that AK-47s or something called an ‘assault weapon’which is simply a fabricated political and media term meant to vilify firearms that look like military arms but actually means whatever someone wants it to mean–is widely used by criminals,isn’t true and never has been true."
    & This one;

But the misuse of handguns by criminals is no reason to disarm the 99% of handgun owners who are law-abiding–any more than the occasional misuse of guns by criminal police officers is a reason to disarm law-abiding police.

http://www.davekopel.com/2a/opeds/ar..._to_police.htm

Post imported post

Maybe law enforcement should start carrying these:

http://www.vincelewis.net/60magnum.html

Pfeifer-Zeliska .600 Nitro Express Magnum

Post imported post

Well done, Dave!!
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

Now that is just ridiculous. Like putting a pistol grip on a battleship!! Elmer Kieth would have fainted at that huge thing. However I may change my tune if gangs of rogue Cape Buffalo start hanging out in Alexandria. And if there was ever a piece suited for open carry, that would be it. Has anyone ever actuall FIRED that monster and been able to walk away?? Ye Gods.....

You ought to make a presentation piece and give it to Nancy Pelosi. Her Depends would explode.....

Post imported post

Well I know that I've finally arrived at the right website. I would never have seen this anywhere else. I HAVE FOUND A HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Post imported post

W5DVC wrote:
    Well I know that I've finally arrived at the right website. I would never have seen this anywhere else. I HAVE FOUND A HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate
    Well, get ready to wear orthopedic shirts.

There are limits to lunacy.

Post imported post

This kind of reminds me of a line from that movie Crocodile Dundee.

Some mugger pulls out a knife and Crocodile Dundee looks and says you call that a knife, then he pulls out his ginormous bush knife and says now thats a knife.

It would be a discussion piece at the next OCDO dinner. Now that is a pistol.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitableand let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come . PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

Thundar wrote:

Some mugger pulls out a knife and Crocodile Dundee looks and says you call that a knife, then he pulls out his ginormous bush knife and says now thats a knife.

It would be a discussion piece at the next OCDO dinner.* Now that is a pistol.

Nope. That is a "revolver." It's also clear proof that this guy doesn't have enough real work to keep him busy

Post imported post

Dave Workman wrote:
    Thundar wrote:

Nope. That is a "revolver." It's also clear proof that this guy doesn't have enough real work to keep him busy
    Come on now, everyone has to have a hobby. I will say that the grip on that "thing" looks out of place and would break off if ever you got up enough never to fire it. :shock:

Post imported post

Dave Workman wrote:
    Thundar wrote:

A revolver is a pistol, unless you're talking about one of those pistol caliber rifles that works like a revolver. I'm not sure when people started to think that ONLY auto's can be called pistols, but it's a pretty recent thing (Sam Colt's original patent was for a "revolving pistol").