• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Demonizing big bore handguns

Japle

imported post

any gun rights activist will note that the Second Amendment is not about duck hunting, and that “It’s the Bill of Rights, not the Bill of Needs.”

Good line. I'll have to remember that.

Dustin

imported post

CrossFire wrote:
Excellant article.

Absolutely +10

I'll defintely pass this around ;)

Also this quote from the other article written by a LEO is great,

Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Deputy Dwight Van Horn is the firearms examiner for South-Central L.A., the most gang-ridden spot in the United States. "I deal with firearms-identification experts at departments all over the country," he says, "and I can tell you that the claim that AK-47s or something called an ‘assault weapon’which is simply a fabricated political and media term meant to vilify firearms that look like military arms but actually means whatever someone wants it to mean–is widely used by criminals, isn’t true and never has been true."
& This one;

But the misuse of handguns by criminals is no reason to disarm the 99% of handgun owners who are law-abiding–any more than the occasional misuse of guns by criminal police officers is a reason to disarm law-abiding police.

http://www.davekopel.com/2a/opeds/are_assault_weapons_a_threat_to_police.htm

Alexcabbie

imported post

Now that is just ridiculous. Like putting a pistol grip on a battleship!! Elmer Kieth would have fainted at that huge thing. However I may change my tune if gangs of rogue Cape Buffalo start hanging out in Alexandria. And if there was ever a piece suited for open carry, that would be it. Has anyone ever actuall FIRED that monster and been able to walk away?? Ye Gods.....

You ought to make a presentation piece and give it to Nancy Pelosi. Her Depends would explode.....

W5DVC

imported post

Well I know that I've finally arrived at the right website. I would never have seen this anywhere else. I HAVE FOUND A HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Dave Workman

imported post

W5DVC wrote:
Well I know that I've finally arrived at the right website. I would never have seen this anywhere else. I HAVE FOUND A HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Well, get ready to wear orthopedic shirts.

There are limits to lunacy. :D:D:lol:

Thundar

imported post

This kind of reminds me of a line from that movie Crocodile Dundee.

Some mugger pulls out a knife and Crocodile Dundee looks and says you call that a knife, then he pulls out his ginormous bush knife and says now thats a knife.

It would be a discussion piece at the next OCDO dinner. Now that is a pistol.

Dave Workman

imported post

Thundar wrote:

Some mugger pulls out a knife and Crocodile Dundee looks and says you call that a knife, then he pulls out his ginormous bush knife and says now thats a knife.

It would be a discussion piece at the next OCDO dinner.  Now that is a pistol.

Nope. That is a "revolver." It's also clear proof that this guy doesn't have enough real work to keep him busy ;)

PT111

imported post

Dave Workman wrote:
Thundar wrote:

Nope. That is a "revolver." It's also clear proof that this guy doesn't have enough real work to keep him busy ;)
Come on now, everyone has to have a hobby. I will say that the grip on that "thing" looks out of place and would break off if ever you got up enough never to fire it. :shock:

Heartless_Conservative

imported post

Dave Workman wrote:
Thundar wrote:

A revolver is a pistol, unless you're talking about one of those pistol caliber rifles that works like a revolver. I'm not sure when people started to think that ONLY auto's can be called pistols, but it's a pretty recent thing (Sam Colt's original patent was for a "revolving pistol").