• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Demonizing big bores

heresolong

imported post

So having just read the complete study by the VPC I notice that they don't mention one single example of a police officer having been injured, killed, or shot at by someone wielding one of these "cop killer" handguns. They just want to ban them because they might be used... Sound familiar?

Hammer

imported post

I think the "logic" used should be applied to those who propose to restrict big-bore handguns.
The first premise is, this is to apply to those who do not own guns. By the "logic" of some (none of us) a gun owner would use a gun if inclined to violence, so this for non-gun owners.
Among non-gun owners, forks and knives could be used for violence. Forks and knives should not be allowed in the hands of non-gun owners. Carving knives, butcher knives, and ice picks are even more dangerous using the "logic" of the big-bore fear mongers. Serving forks, pitch forks, and any other long tined instruments such and knitting needles and pieces of coat hangers straightened out would also be banned.
Thus all non-gun owners could feel safe and secure at night, knowing their non-gun owning neighbors won't go on a fork-ing rampage.

Next we should study the dangers of spoons. Soup and serving spoons are particularly suspect, their size causing non-gun owners great distress.

Hope you got a chuckle from the use of "logic" applied. :lol::banghead:

Nitrox314

imported post

heresolong wrote:
So having just read the complete study by the VPC I notice that they don't mention one single example of a police officer having been injured, killed, or shot at by someone wielding one of these "cop killer" handguns. They just want to ban them because they might be used... Sound familiar?
You ever seen Minority report? Its going to be like that. If you own a gun you will have a high probability of shooting someone, going on a murderous rampage, or assassinating police officers... Never mind actual statistics... the possibility exists. That is their mentality. I worked with this guy on Whidbey Island Naval Station who thought I was a psycho and should have my head checked for legally owning a pistol and legally conceal carrying it. I told him about the mall shootings and how situationsmay require it. He got upset about how I would just be sending more rounds downrange which could hit innocent bystanders. Try as I may over the two years I worked with him, he would not budge in his opinions. He is also an Obama supporter, go figure. This is the mindframe of the people we are up against.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Bet the DC police left a mess when that one showed up for registering.
Definately a legal wheel gun.
LOL!!

But good luck getting a holster for it.
Do you need active retention when it takes a 4 foot draw to clear holster?

Now LETS SEE THE BULLETS!!! Can you get hollow points?:what: