• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Second LEO Encounter

stephenruckle

imported post

Yeah, something felt funny when I was typing that. I knew someone would be along shortly to correct me ;)

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

BB62 wrote:
MrSigmaDot40 wrote:
Dude..... You got off lucky! DO NOT file a complaint. They could have arrested you just because....., it's happened before....

...Do us all a favor and DO NOT FILE A COMPLAINT. I've gotten cussed out over the loud speaker more times then you could imagine (there is a reason for that just trust me). It's nothing new, maybe new to you but nothing new...

Why would he not want to file a complaint??

Filing a complaint isn't going to get him off on the charges, nor is it going to make more charges forthcoming.

It's funny, but the time I called the OSP (Ohio State Patrol) to complain about an officer, the FIRST thing they asked me was if he cussed! :?
Exactly. We need to keep our public servants in check. The "be thankful it wasn't worse" argument is full of failure. Unprofessional behavior definitely warrants a warning and note in the employee file.

I demand obedience to their oath to protect the US Constitution. I demand they enforce the laws, so long as this doesn't violate their oath. I demand that they treat every person with dignity and respect, even if it is not deserved.

MudCamper

Founder's Club Member
imported post

BB62 wrote:
demnogis wrote:
BB62, you can find information about openly carrying here in California at http://www.californiaopencarry.org/
Question - how does one contact the people/person running the website?

It seems that the website and at least one of those memos (the LASD)differ in the prohibited distance from K-12 schools.
I maintain that site. The memos you refer to however are written by the specified agencies. Yes, much of the information is wrong, but much of it is correct. And these documents are far more valuable than complete and total ignorance of the law, which is what most CA LEA and LEO had just a year or two ago before many of the brave souls here started spreading the word.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

MudCamper wrote:
BB62 wrote:
demnogis wrote:
BB62, you can find information about openly carrying here in California at http://www.californiaopencarry.org/
Question - how does one contact the people/person running the website?

It seems that the website and at least one of those memos (the LASD)differ in the prohibited distance from K-12 schools.
I maintain that site. The memos you refer to however are written by the specified agencies. Yes, much of the information is wrong, but much of it is correct. And these documents are far more valuable than complete and total ignorance of the law, which is what most CA LEA and LEO had just a year or two ago before many of the brave souls here started spreading the word.
(my emphasis above)

Whoa, big fella! My postwasn't a criticism of you.

I agree with your statement - howeverIwanted to make you aware of the discrepancy so, if necessary, you could correct your information, or that of the misinformed agency.

giaking70

imported post

ConsideringOC wrote:
giaking70 wrote:
At least when I was arrested for OCing, they didnt swear at me, woulda been nice if they did, woulda had it all on recording.

Have a great day....
What an ignorant statement. Go ahead and set the movement backwards. You claim in your other posts tht you were not seeking confrontation..... with a statement like that...I call BS!
you know what man, you really need to chill with your negative statements and implying I am a bullshitter and trying to set the movement backward. You know what, at least I got the balls to go out there and open carry while you sit here and scratch your balls "considering OCing" and slamming everyone for doing it.

When I typed that so called statement, it was in reference to the OP getting cursed at and not being able to record it. That right there alone would validate and warrant a formal complaint against any officer for their conduct unbecoming an officer and their conduct being very un-professional in interacting with the public had he had such a recording device active during that incident. That would be a great recording for their Internal Affairs Division to hear.

Let me ask you ConsideringOC...would you prefer an officer to come up to you and say" Hey motherfucker, pull your ass over you son of a bitch". Not very nice is it? Or would you prefer.."Excuse me sir, could I inspect your weapon please".

So in respect, no I am not seeking confrontations with the local police, I am recording it to learn more how to better interact with them on this subject and to learn from any mistakes that either I make, or LEO make. Call it an educational experience for all persons involved. If one of them were to say hurt me, for some godly reason while attempting or already having me detained (e,g, say I trip over the curb or fall down and break my arm) its all on recording of what transpired. This way, when I go to get a copy of such said report, it may or may not have that part in it depending how honest the LEO is.

It is California law,from my understanding, heaven forbid I can not find it, but when you arrest or detain someone, YOU are ultimately responsible for their well-being. No matter the circumstances, you are responsible for that persons safety. You arrest someone and he/she gets up to try and escape and gets hit by a Mac truck, you are the one who will be explaining that one to the judge. Hope that all made sense.

Getting back on topic here....

No one is perfect my friend and you know that. And you also know that every situation is going to be extremely different then the next guys experience. You telling me that my statement was basically bullshit,well then go out there and open carry so we can read about YOUR experiences instead of bashing others about theirs like you are mine. I'm sorry you don't like me, I don't necessarily like you either I can't change that but do me a favor and show just the little bare amount of some respect here.

I see you live here in San Diego, if you want, why don't you and I meet up somewhere and we can both OC and lets see what happens so YOU can post something positive on here. I'm off the next two days so I've got time to kill. Maybe we can get Flintlock Tom or PullnShoot to join us if that makes you feel more comfortable. Balls in your court my friend...:)

Have a nice day....

fighting_for_freedom

imported post

Would everybody just lay off Giaking already? Give the guy a damn break, he played his recording to people at the OC meet, it's been PROVEN that his story is legit, so back off the man.

At least he is out there OCing and excercising his rights, and ours for that matter. He's out there pushing to have our Constitutional rights restored to the way that they were intended and written.

If people have a problem with OCers looking for confrontation with police, be glad you haveMr. Giaking and not me. He doesn't look for confrontation, but instead is prepared to deal with it if it happens. I WELCOME confrontation. There's no reason we shouldn't be able to walk down the street, into stores, and wherever the hell we want to go with a fully loaded gun, of any make or model of our own choosing, and not be harrassed and treated like criminals.

Mr. Giaking is a law-abiding citizen and carries himself as such. Therefore, nobody has any right or place to bash him.

I am personally on the brink of saying screw the damn unConstitutional laws, I'll carry however I please wherever I please and loaded damn it! The laws are not valid and have no legal ground. Therefore, per the Constitution, I cannot be arrested. And if I am, SO BE IT. I will not sit back and let the government trample on my rights. I will take my rights, by force if need be.

So bash me, if you're looking for someone to hate.

Give me liberty, or give me death.

pullnshoot25

imported post

fighting_for_freedom wrote:
Would everybody just lay off Giaking already? Give the guy a damn break, he played his recording to people at the OC meet, it's been PROVEN that his story is legit, so back off the man.

At least he is out there OCing and excercising his rights, and ours for that matter. He's out there pushing to have our Constitutional rights restored to the way that they were intended and written.

If people have a problem with OCers looking for confrontation with police, be glad you haveMr. Giaking and not me. He doesn't look for confrontation, but instead is prepared to deal with it if it happens. I WELCOME confrontation. There's no reason we shouldn't be able to walk down the street, into stores, and wherever the hell we want to go with a fully loaded gun, of any make or model of our own choosing, and not be harrassed and treated like criminals.

Mr. Giaking is a law-abiding citizen and carries himself as such. Therefore, nobody has any right or place to bash him.

I am personally on the brink of saying screw the damn unConstitutional laws, I'll carry however I please wherever I please and loaded damn it! The laws are not valid and have no legal ground. Therefore, per the Constitution, I cannot be arrested. And if I am, SO BE IT. I will not sit back and let the government trample on my rights. I will take my rights, by force if need be.

So bash me, if you're looking for someone to hate.

Give me liberty, or give me death.
Yes everyone, Giaking70 is certified legitimate. I swear if you guys commented on him any more I would begin to think you were interested in dating him. What is this, grade school in Russia?

As for OCing sometime, I'm down! If I get my paper done for school on the 17th I might head out early before the NRA meeting in El Cajon and possibly carry with the intent to meet a few OCDOers.

Also, MArch 14th is a beach cleanup in O'side. Details in the blog!