Thread: I'm A Newbie

Post imported post

Haven't gotten a handgun yet, but I want to very soon. Might just take a little convincing for my soon-to-be-hubby. I actually shot a handgun for the first time a couple weeks back, and didn't do too bad! I'm taurus850cia's and tygereye's littlest sister. Hope to join the ownership ranks very soon!
    "I'm gonna show him what little girls are made of - gunpowder and lead." Miranda Lambert

Post imported post

Welcome aboard lil sis!!! Enjoy all the fine reading! I personally find it difficult to remove myself from this site...

Post imported post

Welcome! Everyone is very friendly here.

Post imported post

Welcome! Most of the people here are friendly. I am not

Post imported post

welcome to MiOC :-)
    sql is the exception... :-P

Post imported post

I will add my welcome with the others. I will be the safest one to meet...you know... old, married, retired, and ugly to boot. But I can be fun if the need arises.

Beware of Venator... he is the ladies man...:P

Post imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
    I will add my welcome with the others. I will be the safest one to meet...you know... old, married, retired, and ugly to boot. But I can be fun if the need arises.

Beware of Venator... he is the ladies man...:P
    LOL!!

Welcome to the group, peanut. Read and enjoy!
    "Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame." - Cort

Gun control is like trying to reduce Drunk Driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.

The answer to "1984" is "
    1776"

With freedom comes much responsibility. It is for this reason so many are loathe to exercise it.

Post imported post

lol, true indeed Warchild. Hes the nicest guy I've met on here

Post imported post

There are no newbies here, only members who have not yet posted much.

By the way, I don't think we've had a meeting in the Auburn/Rochester hills area yet. You should set one up.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    There are no newbies here, only members who have not yet posted much.

By the way, I don't think we've had a meeting in the Auburn/Rochester hills area yet. You should set one up.
    I'll see what I can do! What kind of questions would I have to ask people, if any?

:celebrate<--sorry, I just like the dancing banana!!! lol
    "I'm gonna show him what little girls are made of - gunpowder and lead." Miranda Lambert

Post imported post

What kind of questions would I have to ask people, if any?.....

All you have to do is post your event....

Date
    Time
    Place

Those who are interested will post a confirmation and....presto, you have a gathering!:celebrate

Post imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
    What kind of questions would I have to ask people, if any?.....

All you have to do is post your event....

Date
    Time
    Place

Those who are interested will post a confirmation and....presto, you have a gathering!:celebrate
    Well yeah, I know that much lol I was more referring to the location the gathering would be held at. Say, at a coney island...would I have to ask them anything? :P

Post imported post

Oh, sorry....duh.... That would be up to you if you want to check with the owner/manager, if a meeting would be ok in their business.

Post imported post

You can always pic a "first choice" and have a back up or 2, just in case.... just a thought...

Post imported post

tygereye wrote:
    You can always pic a "first choice" and have a back up or 2, just in case.... just a thought...
    Yup. I don't ask permission to wear a red shirt and I will not ask permission to carry a gun where I legally can. They'll let you know if they don't want you there.

That being said, if you feel more comfortable asking ahead of time, then go for it. You could also pick one of the places we've been to a lot without problems, like McDonalds, Bob Evans, etc...

Post imported post

The one instance where I'll let a business know ahead of time is if I'm anticipating a large turn out. It can be nice to have a reserved space.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

When I set up the one in Flint, I called and asked about large group seating, but did not mention who or why. We had a good turnout there, with no issues. I was thinking about setting something up in Clarkston sometime in the next couple weeks, but Rochester works too. Build it, and they will come!
    "Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame." - Cort

Gun control is like trying to reduce Drunk Driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

1776"

With freedom comes much responsibility. It is for this reason so many are loathe to exercise it.

Post imported post

Yup. I called ahead and asked about seating when I set that dinner up in Midland. I did not mention firearms or anything else.

Post imported post

Hey, since Venator is such a ladies man, I'm betting you could talk him into another informational meeting with his projector. Just smile and bat your eyes!

1776"

Post imported post

A thick "WOOL" coat may entice him also. :P:P:P

Post imported post

Well, I'll see what I can do. Might be a while though...since I'm into crunch time with wedding plans. I'll let y'all know!

:celebrate<--had to throw that in there again

Post imported post

Hey if your thinking about Rochester how about the brewery.. I support the opencarry cause in all but the beer's soooo good I'll soon forget that Im not armed.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

Taurus850CIA wrote:
    Hey, since Venator is such a ladies man, I'm betting you could talk him into another informational meeting with his projector. Just smile and bat your eyes!
    I'm in
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.