• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I'm A Newbie

peanutpublications

imported post

Haven't gotten a handgun yet, but I want to very soon. Might just take a little convincing for my soon-to-be-hubby. I actually shot a handgun for the first time a couple weeks back, and didn't do too bad! I'm taurus850cia's and tygereye's littlest sister. Hope to join the ownership ranks very soon! :D

WARCHILD

imported post

I will add my welcome with the others. I will be the safest one to meet...you know... old, married, retired, and ugly to boot. But I can be fun if the need arises.

Beware of Venator... he is the ladies man...:p

Taurus850CIA

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
I will add my welcome with the others. I will be the safest one to meet...you know... old, married, retired, and ugly to boot. But I can be fun if the need arises.

Beware of Venator... he is the ladies man...:p
LOL!!

Welcome to the group, peanut. Read and enjoy!

Michigander

imported post

There are no newbies here, only members who have not yet posted much. ;)

By the way, I don't think we've had a meeting in the Auburn/Rochester hills area yet. You should set one up. :cool:

peanutpublications

imported post

Michigander wrote:
There are no newbies here, only members who have not yet posted much. ;)

By the way, I don't think we've had a meeting in the Auburn/Rochester hills area yet. You should set one up. :cool:
I'll see what I can do! :) What kind of questions would I have to ask people, if any?

:celebrate<--sorry, I just like the dancing banana!!! lol

WARCHILD

imported post

What kind of questions would I have to ask people, if any?.....

All you have to do is post your event....

Date
Time
Place

Those who are interested will post a confirmation and....presto, you have a gathering!:celebrate

peanutpublications

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
What kind of questions would I have to ask people, if any?.....

All you have to do is post your event....

Date
Time
Place

Those who are interested will post a confirmation and....presto, you have a gathering!:celebrate
Well yeah, I know that much lol I was more referring to the location the gathering would be held at. Say, at a coney island...would I have to ask them anything? :p

WARCHILD

imported post

Oh, sorry....duh.... That would be up to you if you want to check with the owner/manager, if a meeting would be ok in their business.

SQLtables

imported post

tygereye wrote:
You can always pic a "first choice" and have a back up or 2, just in case.... just a thought...
Yup. I don't ask permission to wear a red shirt and I will not ask permission to carry a gun where I legally can. They'll let you know if they don't want you there.

That being said, if you feel more comfortable asking ahead of time, then go for it. You could also pick one of the places we've been to a lot without problems, like McDonalds, Bob Evans, etc...

Michigander

imported post

The one instance where I'll let a business know ahead of time is if I'm anticipating a large turn out. It can be nice to have a reserved space.

Taurus850CIA

imported post

When I set up the one in Flint, I called and asked about large group seating, but did not mention who or why. We had a good turnout there, with no issues. I was thinking about setting something up in Clarkston sometime in the next couple weeks, but Rochester works too. Build it, and they will come!

Taurus850CIA

imported post

Hey, since Venator is such a ladies man, I'm betting you could talk him into another informational meeting with his projector. Just smile and bat your eyes!