Thread: Starbucks employee shoots self in foot

Post imported post

Starbucks Employee Accidentally Shoots Self

03-04-2009 10:51 AM

(Washington, DC) -- When you're trying to get ahead on the job it never pays to shoot yourself in the foot. Second District Metropolitan Police officials say the report that brought them to the Starbucks store at 16th and U Streets late yesterday afternoon described multiple gunshots. But the victim was the shooter and the gunfire was accidental. They say the Starbucks employee will be charged. He's accused of concealing a small caliber handgun, and it's not clear why more than one shot may have been fired.

Link here

So this guy was clearly breaking the law in DC, and he was clearly mishandling his firearm. Soundskind of Plaxico Buress-ish.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

and it's not clear why more than one shot may have been fired.
    Must have been a really bad shot. Had to keep trying until he finally hit the foot.

Burned out--->

Post imported post

This case will get thrown out. As we all know, it is illegal to carry a handgun in DC. The defendant has a positive defense that the illegal handgun assaulted him and he had to grapple with it toprotect himself. Those illegal guns are always up to no good.

Post imported post

What an idiot! I don't understand how you could "accidentally" discharge a firearm multiple times?

Post imported post

I guess those things really are machine guns.
    and poor DC has Starbucks still.

Did the gun show up in the great gun fingerprinting database?

This is all the DC councils fault, if he was allowed to own and practice fireing
    his gun then he would know that you need to stop pulling the trigger
    to stop the bullets from comming out. He was trying to decock the piece,
    and the hammer kept hitting those pesky primers.

Obviously he had issues with BHO, and had to be taken out. Selling $$$ coffee
    put him on the inside to the WH wed. dinner excesses.

But I am glad that Starbucks supports the employees defending themselves
    regardless of the stupid local laws. I haven't heard them say they fired him,
    so I guess they are pro-gun.

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:

Starbucks Employee Accidentally Shoots Self

03-04-2009 10:51 AM

(Washington, DC) -- When you're trying to get ahead on the job it never pays to shoot yourself in the foot. Second District Metropolitan Police officials say the report that brought them to the Starbucks store at 16th and U Streets late yesterday afternoon described multiple gunshots. But the victim was the shooter and the gunfire was accidental. They say the Starbucks employee will be charged. He's accused of concealing a small caliber handgun, and it's not clear why more than one shot may have been fired.

Link here

So this guy was clearly breaking the law in DC, and he was clearly mishandling his firearm. Soundskind of Plaxico Buress-ish.
    Are you sure this guy wasn't the "well trained, professional" DEA agent who shot himself--the one who is so popular on youtube?

As for breaking the law in DC--it is basically against the law to breathe in D.C, let alone defend yourself against a violent attack such as a carjacking or a rape, and God forbid you actually do defend yourself with a gun.

Post imported post

This employee must have taken firearm safety classes from Barney Fife.

Post imported post

mlands wrote:
    If he lives in DC, there are no firearm safety classes to take, and admitting you carry a gun is admitting you are a criminal.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    mlands wrote:
    If he lives in DC, there are no firearm safety classes to take, and admitting you carry a gun is admitting you are a criminal.
    Hey!!

Perfect market for on-line safety classes!!
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.