• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Montana's week of observance of 2nd Amendment

JBinMontana

imported post

Montana Code Annotated 1-1-224. Observance of right to keep and bear arms. The week beginning the first Monday in March is an official week of observance to commemorate Montana's valued heritage of the right of each person to keep and bear arms in the defense of the person's home, person, or property or in aid of civil power. During this week, all Montanans are urged to reflect on their right to keep and bear arms and to celebrate this right in lawful ways.

Last edited by a moderator:

MT GUNNY

imported post

I almost Forgot about that, Its a good thing it last all week.

There is another Coming up;

Hunting Heritage Week

1-1-226. Official observance of Montana's hunting heritage. The week beginning the third Monday in September is an official week of observance in Montana to commemorate this state's valued heritage of hunting game animals. During this week, all Montanans are urged to:
(1) reflect on hunting as an expression of our culture and heritage;
(2) acknowledge that it is our community of sportsmen, sportswomen, and hunters who have made the greatest contributions to the establishment of current game animal populations; and
(3) celebrate this culture and heritage in all lawful ways

LeMat

imported post

JBinMontana wrote:
Montana Code Annotated 1-1-224. All Montanans are urged to reflect on their right to keep and bear arms and to celebrate this right in lawful ways.
To be honest, I do this every day. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Freezebyte

imported post

Soooo...what exactly am I supposed to do to celebrate? I'm too scared shitless to OC and my XDm stock holster scratches my gun and Im not CCW yet either

40s-and-wfan

imported post

Research your local and state laws, make sure you'd be doing so legally and go ahead and OC. Do it on a quick stop to the convenience store or something short at first. Slowly move into the longer all-day carries!

JBinMontana

imported post

Freezebyte wrote:
Soooo...what exactly am I supposed to do to celebrate? I'm too scared @#$%less to OC and my XDm stock holster scratches my gun and Im not CCW yet either
Please get a hold of Gary Marbutt down there and get into a gun course.